The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I think it was $850K but agreed - should have signed him to a one-year deal. The issue is management is stuck with a team that is kind of in a compete window when you look at what was inherited. Benning on the other hand was given the perfect opportunity to focus on a rebuild and just signed terrible overpriced UFAs. 

He is scoring at a 61 point pace - that isn't awful, usually its good to get 10 points per million with free agent signings. If he gets worse it is bad, if he continues it is not good, but if he turns around this contract is fine. I think we just keep him at this stage - sell high on Bo. Boeser was a better player than Bo only a season and a half ago - i'd much rather get a small ransom for Bo vs sign him for 8 million and have him revert back to being a 60 point player as well. 

Garland is performing at an even worse point per $ ratio and many people on here justified the Guenther pick for Garland. 

Bo is in a slump - he went through a lot - now is not the time to trade him. If he doesn't turn it around and the cap increases and we can clear him then I think it makes sense to wait. 

All good points. Especially the difference a (relatively) little time can make on a players value. I agree some of the trades we’re exploring won’t happen before the deadline, but making at least one trade for an expiring contract before March 3rd would give us a chance to re-sign Bo. I don’t mind selling low on one deal if it allows us to keep him at $8.5M or less.  

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

All good points. Especially the difference a (relatively) little time can make on a players value. I agree some of the trades we’re exploring won’t happen before the deadline, but making at least one trade for an expiring contract before March 3rd would give us a chance to re-sign Bo. I don’t mind selling low on one deal if it allows us to keep him at $8.5M or less.  

i don't think the management plans on re-signing bo at all. really if they wanted to re-sign bo they would have done it already and figure it out with moving players for cap space. it's not like other teams doesn't know we are trying to give away myers boeser garland etc re-signing bo before or after makes no difference teams knows it's a cap dump and won't give u value for it regardless. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i don't think the management plans on re-signing bo at all. really if they wanted to re-sign bo they would have done it already and figure it out with moving players for cap space. it's not like other teams doesn't know we are trying to give away myers boeser garland etc re-signing bo before or after makes no difference teams knows it's a cap dump and won't give u value for it regardless. 

I remember late August it was; “If they wanted to sign JT he’d be signed already”

1st week of September he signed. 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I remember late August it was; “Ifvthey wanted to sign JT he’d be signed already”

1st week of September he signed. 

difference is there was plenty of time with miller.. Horvat pretty much is running out.. especially with him not actively negotiating during the season each goals/points he score is going to add to his ask. let say he finish at 50 goals 80 points which is slightly less than his pace.. at 28 years old u dont think teams will be offering 9+ or more say a team that's about to be on the rise with cap space and with the cap just about to balloon in the next couple years where a 9+ contract won't hurt them.

13 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I think they’ll take one more run at him. Other teams have their own problems to deal with also. NYI has an aging core, and need to make a push. As others have mentioned, the parity in the standings might delay trades, as few teams are confidently selling (Chicago, Anaheim, Columbus), while many (including us) are 5-7 points out

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

difference is there was plenty of time with miller.. Horvat pretty much is running out.. especially with him not actively negotiating during the season each goals/points he score is going to add to his ask. let say he finish at 50 goals 80 points which is slightly less than his pace.. at 28 years old u dont think teams will be offering 9+ or more say a team that's about to be on the rise with cap space and with the cap just about to balloon in the next couple years where a 9+ contract won't hurt them.

They have until the trade deadline so still quite a bit of time to get it done. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Do you take a late second and run?

That’s a great question, given the current value of cap space. If it’s March 2nd, and we still haven’t offloaded any contracts, I’d be tempted to take it.  That would allow us to make a final push for Bo and/or Kuzmenko.

10 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

The team clearly doesn't value him, and cap space is everything right now. I think the answer is yes given the team's stance towards Boeser. That 6mil can go towards keeping Kuzmenko. If it was as simple as just taking a 2nd the deal would have been done already. The issue is teams are rightfully going to want us to take cap back in any deal. And with how hard we crapped on his trade value they may even play hard ball on a trade. We need the cap desperately. Teams know this.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Take money back Like this year or next year as well? 

Boeser contract is done in 2 years. Might as well keep him then... 

That doesn’t make even a remote lick of sense…

At the end of next season you would rather have nothing than have Raty and whatever prospect we drafted with a 2nd round pick in the proposed trade?

Ok sparkie…

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Take money back Like this year or next year as well? 

Boeser contract is done in 2 years. Might as well keep him then... 

Yup.  BOeser, even in a down year, is a 60 point guy.  Best to keep him than go for some awful trade. 

1 hour ago, Provost said:

That doesn’t make even a remote lick of sense…

At the end of next season you would rather have nothing than have Raty and whatever prospect we drafted with a 2nd round pick in the proposed trade?

Ok sparkie…

Lol easy guy... 

I never said no to Raty and a 2nd.

Someome suggested we take salary back and all I asked was what kind of salary back? If this year then great. But if we are stuck with a crappy contract for years, what's the point? 

Boeser is a 60 pt guy at the end of the day so I would keep him unless it was something like Raty and a pick

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol easy guy... 

I never said no to Raty and a 2nd.

Someome suggested we take salary back and all I asked was what kind of salary back? If this year then great. But if we are stuck with a crappy contract for years, what's the point? 

Boeser is a 60 pt guy at the end of the day so I would keep him unless it was something like Raty and a pick

Boeser has never once put up 60 points. Don’t talk to me about pace.  Pace is meaningless. 

On 1/1/2023 at 2:28 AM, Ronaldoescobar said:

This is a tough one - if it means not retaining cap and the other team tosses in a prospect then sure. Maybe buffalo as they have 3 2nd rounders and a kid like Joseph Cecconi? Big kid RD might be an option?

• Cheers 1