The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

At the cost of depth at every other position?  Do you want to be completely reliant on 2-3 players?

What?

If you truely think moving Miller is the only way to help this team then we have nothing to discuss.

Edited by bishopshodan

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's a retool, is it a not?  Personally, I think pivot is a better term.

I keep Bo at all costs if he wants to be there and build around Petey, Bo, Podz, Hogz and Demko.  I also keep OEL, Bear, schenn, lazar, Joshua and Aman for support.......Myers and Pearson likely have to stay until they expire.

That would be my plan too. I like JT and some of the others, but I just don’t think their personalities are right in the room. Look at the influence Hamonic apparently had on dragging the room down

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

That would be my plan too. I like JT and some of the others, but I just don’t think their personalities are right in the room. Look at the influence Hamonic apparently had on dragging the room down

I dont buy this.

Is the room divided or is it a country club? I think neither. 

I think they are professionals. Bo is a good Capt...the team is full of grown men that have been around loud noises before, I am sure they can handle a swear word being shouted or a stick being slammed. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think it's more than miller

I was just mentioning Miller.

To be clear. He is a good player on a reasonable contract and he fits his role on this team well.

To fix our defeciencies we should do it without touching he, Bo, Ep  or QH

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I was just mentioning Miller.

To be clear. He is a good player on a reasonable contract and he fits his role on this team well.

To fix our defeciencies we should do it without touching he, Bo, Ep  or QH

I'm not above moving anyone for the right price. 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's a retool, is it a not?  Personally, I think pivot is a better term.

I keep Bo at all costs if he wants to be there and build around Petey, Bo, Podz, Hogz and Demko.  I also keep OEL, Bear, schenn, lazar, Joshua and Aman for support.......Myers and Pearson likely have to stay until they expire.

I like this take. But.  If horvat doesn’t want to be here then why.? Because by every metric he hasn’t EVER displayed it. Much like lindens about face departure, if it goes down that bo wanted out, him being the very last bastion of the old guard with any semblance of handed down Canuck tradition/history (sad day) call it what you want , that’ll go down with the rest of the mishandled crappy things that nobody forgets about. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not above moving anyone for the right price. 

If I had to boil it down...EP and QH are the untouchables.

Moving any of our other core pieces though must mean a return that is a kings ransom, one that can help the team immediately.

I am in the 'go for it now' camp. Cup in 2-3 years. 

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

I like this take. But.  If horvat doesn’t want to be here then why.? Because by every metric he hasn’t EVER displayed it. Much like lindens about face departure, if it goes down that bo wanted out, him being the very last bastion of the old guard with any semblance of handed down Canuck tradition/history (sad day) call it what you want , that’ll go down with the rest of the mishandled crappy things that nobody forgets about. 

yeah.

I cant see Bo wanting to be here for a rebuild. He has endured enough, time to continue to build around him and core....go for it all. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

If I had to boil it down...EP and QH are the untouchables.

Moving any of our other core pieces though must mean a return that is a kings ransom, one that can help the team immediately.

I am in the 'go for it now' camp. Cup in 2-3 years. 

It's just I don't see this team to be able to handle the heavyweights. Yeah we had a good stretch of 3 games against top teams. But then struggle against Arizona. 

To me the only untouchable is Petey. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's just I don't see this team to be able to handle the heavyweights. Yeah we had a good stretch of 3 games against top teams. But then struggle against Arizona. 

To me the only untouchable is Petey. 

We have had very sub par goal tending compared to what we expected.

We have also dragged our ass making a trade for more D help.

This team is a lot better than our record. The right tweaks over the next season and we could be top of the league quickly. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

We have had very sub par goal tending compared to what we expected.

We have also dragged our ass making a trade for more D help.

This team is a lot better than our record. The right tweaks over the next season and we could be top of the league quickly. 

I guess it really depends. Was last season an anomaly for Seattle, or is the way the Kraken are playing now, they are living up to their potential? Or is this season a mirage for Seattle? 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

yeah.

I cant see Bo wanting to be here for a rebuild. He has endured enough, time to continue to build around him and core....go for it all. 

The Sedins stuck it out well being spoon fed a beleaf of ‘it’s now’ and they weren’t alone either. Does that suggest money before success? And we are talking about a player much younger than the Sedins were. (Bo) At a similar juncture. 

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

yeah.

A pivot isn't a rebuild, it's a pivot.  You're bringing in roster players, not lottery tickets