The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 5 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

14 minutes ago, mll said:

Not quite.  Most is speculation.  

He thinks they aren't close with Horvat.  They were trying to get him signed in the high 6's/low 7's in the off-season and with the signings of Cs like Hintz and co, it's out of that stratosphere now.  He points to the Miller signing where the team upped their offer to get him signed, so that could still happen with Horvat but right now it's not looking good. 

Demko is speculation.  He wonders if Rutherford could decide to move him if they are going to start over a bit, given that there are quite a few teams looking for goalies right now.  

On Schenn also speculation.  Thinks it's someone that will draw a lot of interest and says what they do with him will be telling re their direction.

Get it done Rutherford.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Canucks-12 said:

All we ask for is consistency. Either consistently win or consistently lose.

Either one this year would be best for the organization. No point of winning one then losing one.

Management really needs to make a decision on the direction of this team soon. 

I thought we were consistently losing

6 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

I thought we were consistently losing

Yes we were as long as we were up a couple goals lol.   Last ten 6-4-0.    Which is good enough if we played an entire season like that.     Now it's going to have to be 7-3 ....  This is a game we should win.   But anyone's guess.  

14 minutes ago, Devron said:

Second for Stillman. Close enough lol

Yea that’s not great but at least we were able to acquire Bear because of it. 

And at least we have something to show for it. How many of Bennings trades just lead nowhere? No cap space and not even a decent player to show for it?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, captainhorvat said:

Why does it feel like Jim Benning is still in charge???

Frustrated The Sopranos GIF

It's such a big mess he left so it takes time to un-F it.  Patience is needed.  I don't expect them to fix it this season. Maybe it will be better next off season. Hopefully be real contender in a 2-3 yrs. 

3 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Why does it feel like Jim Benning is still in charge???

Frustrated The Sopranos GIF

Because in a similar way, this group is unwilling to let the team take a step backwards.

This management group is just way more analytical than Benning, who mostly shot from the hip. 

I don't buy their statements that it was impossible to make moves. I think they had very different beliefs on the market value of the players, held out for top dollar, didn't get it, and thats all she wrote. 

Plenty of other teams were able to shed cap, or acquire RHD, or move high end players on expensive contracts, etc.

Im so jealous of what Montreal was able to pull off. They're going to be so good in a couple years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

It's such a big mess he left so it takes time to un-F it.  Patience is needed.  I don't expect them to fix it this season. Maybe it will be better next off season. Hopefully be real contender in a 2-3 yrs. 

Fans need to let go of the idea that we’ll be a contender in 2-3 years.

Its gonna take so much longer…

When you look at real contenders and how they got there we’re so far off track right now. We don’t have an abundance of picks or prospects to come in and fill roles on cheap contracts.

So basically we’ll be forced to wait several drafts and years to get there (which ownership isn’t willing to do), or try and spend our way to being a contender (which doesn’t work).

• Cheers 3

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Oh you’d be surprised…

He very well may have traded our 1st to dump Myers. That’s how desperate he was getting.

I'm worried that very same move is coming from this group. That's probably the only asset we have to go after some defence.