The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 7 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - SAP Center

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 hours ago, chon derry said:

As it stands were 5 pts up on the sharks and  could go to seven or with a loss only 3pts   if Calgary loses against minny to nite and we win we would be tied with Calgary. GCG. 

578E5FD1-F2C9-4F99-B79C-9A3E1F889B64.jpeg

Seattle and LA will be bounced from those positions. Canucks & Oilers will replace

• Cheers 2

Last game, I did not get to the PVR until 8 o'clock or so, and when I turned it on, the game was not recorded because I had requested 4K and it said it was unavailable.  So I started to record the game with about 3 minutes left in the second and got up and made a sandwich and a glass of water (on the wagon here) and came back and saw the game was 4 zip Habs.  "Oh well; watch it anyway like always."

By the end of the second we had turned the tide, got 2 goals and were pumped for Da Turd!  You know the rest.

Very entertaining game to say the least, and we put a W in the W column.

Petey is golden.  GCG

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Confidence really weighs in bigtime. A team that loses it can start to struggle, show frustration and try to do too much, etc. A team that's finding success has fun out there and it's a whole different ball game...more relaxed. simple plays versus overplaying, etc.

We have a few pretty great players and if things start clicking, they've shown they CAN beat the best. Sustained in a playoff series? Some write us off but the above all matters...as does goaltending (we've seen how much that matters), injuries, officiating, etc. Teams that get hot at the right time can generate some momentum.

I'm not as convinced as some (most) here that we're brutal and need a complete overhaul. When these guys stay engaged and are keeping it simple, they can win games.

I agree Deb. We absolutely have dead weight tied up, but we don't need to completely dismantle.

I think we can all speculate or agree upon who needs to go/who is underperforming. With some of those players gone and being replaced with younger, faster, cheaper players we have a solid freakin team.

13 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

The last time I posted some math, complete with a "math warning", I got fairly roasted by people not very good at math.

But this 93.4 points and 56% chance for LA can be interpolated to 92 points 50% (or "500") as the benchmark for making the playoffs as there are now 32 teams and half are eliminated.

Over 82 games, .500 is no longer 82 points, but 92 points due to the statistical average of 23% of games extending to be 3 point games.

Now GO CANUCKS GO!

image.jpeg.e3640c0b3708aa1b47b603e0c79ef51e.jpeg

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

The last time I posted some math, complete with a "math warning", I got fairly roasted by people not very good at math.

But this 93.4 points and 56% chance for LA can be interpolated to 92 points 50% (or "500") as the benchmark for making the playoffs as there are now 32 teams and half are eliminated.

Over 82 games, .500 is no longer 82 points, but 92 points due to the statistical average of 23% of games extending to be 3 point games.

Now GO CANUCKS GO!

Girls Generation Thinking GIF by Korea

• Haha 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

She looks better than me at math. At least she looks like she is computing. I just look dumb and start drooling then shout 42. I dunno.

Summer school for math 11. Van Tech. Green grass outside the class every sunny day. Reason for summer school, I didn't show my work. 

• Haha 2