The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour). Jake Livingstone D - NCAA - NHL Availability

SilentSam

Just now, GB5 said:

That's somewhat irrelavant when one considers a young man looking for a team that he will get an opportunity to develop into a legitimate NHL player and get an opportunity to develop and play.

Maybe he wants to be in the west but haven't heard that for sure. A smart young man would just be looking for the best fit and the Canucks can offer that to him with Foote and Gonchar in the mix and a chance to earn a roster spot and get sheltered minutes tp grow his game next year.

Still close to home. Flames would have to flip a defenseman, which I think they will this off-season, for forward help. When Toffoli is your leading scorer you got offensive issues. Wouldn't mind snagging Zadorov. 

If he doesn't seclude himself in the west there are a a couple of real nice fits in the East. IMO the top 2. 

Buffalo would also be a pretty gnarly spot considering he can play with Power or Dahlin. They have an up and coming team. Same as the who Ottawa Senators are pretty stacked at LD too. Sanderson, Chychrun, Chabot all quality defenseman. Another up and coming team.

Cali teams have a chance at Bedard and that could be enticing. A lot of opportunity available in a place like Anaheim. 

I can go on and on, the possibilities are endless. We'll probably be in the conversation but there's no guarantee.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Insensitive said:

He's still a B.C. boy and a look at his bio says he played in Langley for 4 years, so he is well acquainted with the lower mainland. This would be a huge get for the Canucks especially if he can win a spot on the team next year and slot in with the baby Canucks for the playoffs.

No, he didn’t play in Langley for 4 years. I believe it was 1 year of BCJHL and then off to the NCAA.

10 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Not only that but he’s not really in Calgary’s preferred age group. He’s on the wrong side of 30 for the Flames. ;) 

I love that franchise. It's wild how much hate Torts gets here when Sutter is sitting right there. You can actually see him kill a team's desire to play the game. If I am Livingstone I wouldn't want to be near that suffocating headcase. Besides, it'll be an old folks home in a year or two like you said.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Graves - Hronek

Hughes - Livingstone

OEL - Dermott/Bear

It's not that far off now. I just hope management don't just stop at the Hronek trade and think that's enough to patch up this terrible defence.

Adding Graves 6'5 -220lbs - LD toughness stay. at home D man - PK ----1. Graves - Hronek 

Adding Livingstone 6'3 -205 -RD would fit very nice with Hughes               2. Hughes - Livingstone

3. OEL --  Bear RD ---Juulsen 6'2 RD  --Burroughs  LD- Broisbois LD

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Adding Graves 6'5 -220lbs - LD toughness stay. at home D man - PK ----1. Graves - Hronek 

Adding Livingstone 6'3 -205 -RD would fit very nice with Hughes               2. Hughes - Livingstone

3. OEL --  Bear RD ---Juulsen 6'2 RD  --Burroughs  LD- Broisbois LD

Third pair Johansson

OEL is a question mark.Could see Rathbone finally getting a full year.

Important to note that the Canucks have been terrible for about a decade now while the Flames haven't been. Might have something to do with why he chose to be a Flame fan over a Canuck fan. 

I hope he chooses us. On paper it looks like a match made in heaven. A big, two way RD from BC with an opportunity at a top 4 role right away and the possibility of playing on a pairing with one of the best defensemen in the league. Surely we have to be on the short list. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Important to note that the Canucks have been terrible for about a decade now while the Flames haven't been. Might have something to do with why he chose to be a Flame fan over a Canuck fan. 

There’s a million reasons someone can be a fan of a certain team. Brayden Point was born and raised in Calgary but was a Canucks fan growing up.

Hell, most people don’t “choose” to root for a sports team anyway. It just sort of happens organically. I think it’s difficult to wake up one day and force yourself to love a sports team.

I think trying to dig deeply into “why” is both a futile and pointless endeavour. 

10 minutes ago, McBackup said:

There’s a million reasons someone can be a fan of a certain team. Brayden Point was born and raised in Calgary but was a Canucks fan growing up.

Hell, most people don’t “choose” to root for a sports team anyway. It just sort of happens organically. I think it’s difficult to wake up one day and force yourself to love a sports team.

I think trying to dig deeply into “why” is both a futile and pointless endeavour. 

I lived in Calgary for years and was always Canucks fan. Only games I went to at that stupid upside down stadium. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I lived in Calgary for years and was always Canucks fan. Only games I went to at that stupid upside down stadium. 

Last time I was in Cowtown I was actually quite surprised by the amount of people I saw wearing Canucks merch. 

15 hours ago, stawns said:

While it seems to make sense, I don't think it's nearly as close to reality as Canucks fans think it is.

I think this is accurate.

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

Last time I was in Cowtown I was actually quite surprised by the amount of people I saw wearing Canucks merch. 

So many people from British Columbia immigrate to Alberta.

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I just bet his Dad was a flames fan 

Now we’re investigating a kids childhood for a team he cheered for ..

Presently the Flames play in a Rink that is falling apart,  and have a team that has no real  certainties or direction ..  I don’t think a real opportunity exists there for a young D man. 

I think Vancouver, and it’s group are a better option.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So if we could only have one of either him or Tryamkin from this season onwards, and the other signs with the Flaming Poops of Cowtown, who would you choose? :bigblush:

Oh,  an invitation? …  pass..   im sure you’ll get a few to fall for it though.

lemmings GIF