The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour). Jake Livingstone D - NCAA - NHL Availability

SilentSam

22 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

S5, heard it here first, Max "Vidal" Sasson is prime target for the Canucks.  :towel:

He’d be a pretty good addition. Speedy two-way player (he’s a plus-rated skater by many scouts) with average/decent size (6’1”, 185 lbs) who centred one of the top lines in college (I think McAllister-Sasson-Polin combined for the most goals in the nation this season) and can play in all situations. Logged really big icetime in the NCAA (some games pushing 24-25 minutes) playing on the top line and on both special teams.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Autocorrect keeps changing Polin to Poulin
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Häman-Aktell is 24 years old, so he’s probably a lot closer than that.

He’s the third highest scoring Dman in the SHL this year (and the 2nd leading scorer on the first place Växjö Lakers) with 36 points in 51 games, plus another 4 points in 5 playoff games so far. A former 4th round pick by Nashville, his development was disrupted by injuries/surgery and he went unsigned when his draft rights expired. Finally healthy, he’s been making up for lost time and has exploded this season as a late bloomer. He’s a two-way Dman who can play all situations, uses his size to play an aggressive, physical game, and can chip in some scoring, with good puckmoving and a heavy shot that he’s able to get through to the net.

Canucks have been rumoured to be pursuing him as one of their top European targets, but it’ll be a while before we hear anything. Depending on how deep they go in the playoffs, Växjö could be playing late into April. The important date will be June 15th, the signing deadline for European free agents under the transfer agreement.

Intriguing...

Confused Adam Levine GIF

2 hours ago, stawns said:

You think reinbacher is going to step into be QH's d partner immediately?  

Reinbacher will be in the NHL by the Fall of 2024. 

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He does indeed. Gold Star offers NCAA family advisement (basically acting as an “agent” before they’re allowed to have agents) as part of their suite of services.

Max Sasson (rumoured Canucks target) is one of his clients. ;) 

This is the reason Dhaliwal mentioned his name. He’s obviously been talking to Milstein.  Dhaliwal is also the one who threw out the names of Gavrikov and Barbashev, also Milstein clients. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Possibly, but I doubt he slides into the 1rhd right away

Reinbacher will be a top 6-8 pick.  He’s also a late birthday and will be 19 this year. He may follow a similar pattern to Moritz Seider.  Seider went to play in the AHL right after he was drafted. I can see Reinbacher doing the same thing. He could be a top 4 Dman by age 21 just like Seider…

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Reinbacher will be a top 6-8 pick.  He’s also a late birthday and will be 19 this year. He may follow a similar pattern to Moritz Seider.  Seider went to play in the AHL right after he was drafted. I can see Reinbacher doing the same thing. He could be a top 4 Dman by age 21 just like Seider…

Right, so 3-4 years, which is what I said

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Reinbacher is 19 years old this year.  So that would be 2 years…

Well I think he's already declared he's staying in the swiss league for next year and I doubt he jumps from there into a top 4 spot.  More likely a year in the ahl, then a year or two  in the 5-6-7 spot in the NHL.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well I think he's already declared he's staying in the swiss league for next year and I doubt he jumps from there into a top 4 spot.  More likely a year in the ahl, then a year or two  in the 5-6-7 spot in the NHL.

I guess we can wait 3 years for him.  Need to sign Schenn to a 3 year deal…

45 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Dhaliwell: ‘Lots of teams after B.C native Jake Livingstone, a right shot dee from Minnesota State but as of now, not hearing something will come together in Vancouver.”

Is this all we have to go on suggesting Jake isn’t signing here? 

Not over until it is over. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Not over until it is over. 

Strange that we wouldn’t be short listed.

There was supposedly mutual interest not that long ago. There’s the local connection to Langley and lots of opportunity here.

He could be given a shot with Hughes for the final 6 or so games and then join Abby for the playoffs.