The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Eeli Tolvanen

100% I would have claimed him. Yes he’s another small fwd but plays a good defensive game which many of our fwds don’t, hits a lot, just wasn’t put in the right offensive situations I think. Same age group as Petey and Hughes. Need to take some chances. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

This was a super no brainer to claim him, which likely shows the brains running the show.  We couldn't have send Dries down to give an opportunity to Tolvanen for free?  What's the worst that could have happened?  Why can't we even do the obvious things?

Ego.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 12/12/2022 at 12:15 AM, kodos said:

No idea why so many people are champing at the bit to downplay the best potential claim of the season so far. This guy has major potential and it would cost nothing to take a swing on him. What is the reasoning for not doing that? 

And for all the whiners crying about how he’s not better than _____ (insert underperforming Canuck) our current management is allergic to good decisions so he won’t be claimed by us. 

Just sayin’. 

16 hours ago, YearoftheNuck said:

I think there’s just too many chefs in the kitchen with our management group and they just can’t seem to be able to make any decisions. Claiming this kid was a no brainer imo. Very little risk with potentially very high reward. 

He would blend in with our team perfect..scoring ability no compete level 

• Haha 1