The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Bo goes then get rid of Rutherford!

Rate this topic

Steve The Poolman

5 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

they need to bring in more prospects. they couldn't get the return they wanted for miller so signed him so they wouldn't lose him for nothing.  if they could move out other big contracts and keep bo they would, but bo would return the best group to start a rebuild or retool.  it's the old adage, those who can, do and those who can't criticize those who can.

we know they have tried to move miller, boeser, garland, myers and even oel. bo is not signed and is someone other team covet. if you can re-sign him what would you do?

Maybe but you juge by the product you see on the ice and it's deplorable. Is Miller  more likely to garner a better return after this season, if they couldn't move him after his 99  pt season the chnaces of moving him now are zero. Boeser is likely a second round pikc plus you pick up some of his salary, Garland a third rounder and salary. OEL :lol:

Edited by Fred65

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

To rid the team of Horvat or any other is not about the player (s) but about the direction set by ownership. Their direction is none existant and often takes polar opposite direction ie sign Miller and get rid of Horvat. The team lives in a contrarian world.

Even last summer, I thought it was likely that 1 of Miller or Horvat would be signed, and the other traded. Given where the team is, it didn’t make much sense to lock up both into their mid-30’s.

And if you go back to last year when Boudreau came in, there was a lot of pumping JT’s tires, and a lot of questioning Bo’s style of leadership. It seemed to me then that Miller would be given priority, if he indeed wanted to stay.

Of course, since then Bo has upped his game, and Miller has (somewhat understandably) taken a step back, with a new baby, and a retirement contract in his back pocket. But since Miller arrived in Vancouver, he has overall been the superior player, and once Horvat has his retirement contract, he will likely let his foot off the gas a little too. It’s human nature, and happens all over the league.

The team should trade Bo, because they are going nowhere with him, plain & simple. Not because of him, but because the team’s defence needs an overhaul, which will take years, and cap space.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

they need to bring in more prospects. they couldn't get the return they wanted for miller so signed him so they wouldn't lose him for nothing.  if they could move out other big contracts and keep bo they would, but bo would return the best group to start a rebuild or retool.  it's the old adage, those who can, do and those who can't criticize those who can.

we know they have tried to move miller, boeser, garland, myers and even oel. bo is not signed and is someone other team covet. if you can re-sign him what would you do?

I don't think they "tried" to move Miller, Boeser, or Garland. There was no preasure to move any of them as none was a pending UFA. They were certainly willing to listen to offers but unless an offer blew them away there was no real reason to move any of those three last deadline, at the draft, or even in the offseason. Listening to offers is not the same as trying to move a player.

They re-signed Miller to avoid losing him for nothing? They had till next spring to move him if they didn't want to re-sign him. As a pending UFA they could have simply taken the best offer and moved him. Preasure that was lacking last spring. I think 8m for 7 seven years was a reasonable deal and that's why they re-signed him. 

Please save me, he has a new baby !! There are millions of folks that have a new baby, Surgeons, Pilots, etc etc thankfully they seem able to maintane their professionalism

But if you're heading for a rebuild you don't resign Miller if on the other hand you want to make the play-off you need both of them. What's missing is the teams direction projected by the ownership. It's a day by day operation. As it stands today Miller is worth less today than last season and Horvat is worth more. Good luck trying to Trade Miller now along with his $8 mill cap hit for a further 7 years, plus of course his  lack of out put this season :lol:

Edited by Fred65
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Please save me, he has a new baby !! There are millions of folks that have a new baby, Surgeons, Pilots, etc etc thankfully they seem able to maintane their professionalism

But if you're heading for a rebuild you don't resign Miller if on the other hand you want to make the play-off you need both of them. What's missing is the teams direction projected by the ownership. It's a day by day operation. As it stands today Miller is worth less today than last season and Horvat is worth more. Good luck trying to Trade Miller now along with his $8 mill cap hit for a further 8 years, plus of course his  lach of out put this season :lol:

Miller signed a 7 year extension and is just below a ppg this season (26 pts in 28 games). According to the rumor mill Bo is looking for north of 8m for 8 years. Personally I think Miller is the better player and will remain better well into his 30's because there's more to his game. Playmaking skill doesn't tend to decline as quickly as goal scoring skill can.

• There it is 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not happy seeing other players being asked questions about the negotiations with Bo.  It's becoming a distraction that the team doesn't need.

Yup and Bo apologized to his teammates during his interview yesterday.  This is now on our management group to rectify.  And that's why I see our owner stepping in and telling management to get Bo signed soon.  A Bo extension would be like a Christmas present to the fans.  

• Cheers 2

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup and Bo apologized to his teammates during his interview yesterday.  This is now on our management group to rectify.  And that's why I see our owner stepping in and telling management to get Bo signed soon.  A Bo extension would be like a Christmas present to the fans.  

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

6 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I hear this all the time, "He gave his Heart and Soul to this team". I am thinking, if that is true, and he is thinking of moving on, then he would do what ever he can to get the team the best deal to make them successful in the future. You know, like Linden or Burrows or Hansen would do? 

If he was to do this, I would put him high on that pedestal as many others do. That would be the ultimate Captain move IMO.

because at some point a player has to weigh his options.sometimes its I dont care about the extra money or the shot at the cup I am staying with this organization.

Sometimes family pressures make a move happen, to be closer to extended family.

Sometimes a player looks at the team situation and says I will not win in my career at the point they are at.

In Horvats case he has given his all. I respect that. I also respect he has earned the right to say where he plays and for how much. If he leaves , his choice, I say thank you for what you have given to the team and we will take the assets coming back and cheer for them

• Cheers 1

It is hard to imagine putting together a management tram worse than Jim Benning's yet Aqua managed to do just that with this Mickey Mouse front office. 

The original sin is re-signing Miller and it is the move that will sink this management and organization.

They are soooooo afraid to lose a trade that they lost the forest from the trees. 

This management needs to go as well as Aqua seeing how he is incapable of putting together a competent front office. 

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Not a bad read with a comment from Rutherford at the end;

I think it's cute Kuzma thinks a $2m bump will get Kuzmenko re-signed. he currently has 25 pts in 27 games and that pay "bump" puts him just under $3m. He'd go UFA before he signed that crappy deal.

• Vintage 1

21 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

I’m going to miss the hysteria on this forum once we’re a good team.

I was going to give you a plus, for your optimism then I thought for a bit and

I was going to give you a minus, for being optimistic.

74d16b.jpg.aa091af876981bde373c8a1e2a3e420b.jpg

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

Even last summer, I thought it was likely that 1 of Miller or Horvat would be signed, and the other traded. Given where the team is, it didn’t make much sense to lock up both into their mid-30’s.

And if you go back to last year when Boudreau came in, there was a lot of pumping JT’s tires, and a lot of questioning Bo’s style of leadership. It seemed to me then that Miller would be given priority, if he indeed wanted to stay.

Of course, since then Bo has upped his game, and Miller has (somewhat understandably) taken a step back, with a new baby, and a retirement contract in his back pocket. But since Miller arrived in Vancouver, he has overall been the superior player, and once Horvat has his retirement contract, he will likely let his foot off the gas a little too. It’s human nature, and happens all over the league.

The team should trade Bo, because they are going nowhere with him, plain & simple. Not because of him, but because the team’s defence needs an overhaul, which will take years, and cap space.

Miller has not been the superiour player, not in my estimation anyway.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Baggins said:

So find the money to buy the team. I don't think he interferes nearly as much as some believe. 

EF1A5171-A512-4BA6-B2CC-B0B13BAF8D3D.jpeg.d0279bd4336bd813194c92e29d9e61c6.jpeg

once you take the blinders  off it’s pretty obvious he’s way to involved in hockey ops.he let a total failure at every level keep his job for 8 years because JB was a perfect puppet never once stood up for himself.

Burke did goodbye 

nonis even did goodbye 
gillis did 

linden did

he’s a crap owner. I’m hoping his wife and children win there lawsuit. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1