The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 14, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

He and JT have had a good thing building...JT's gets a lot of criticism for his cross ice passes (which I don't argue) but when he telegraphs one onto Bo's stick, who's waiting to either tip or blast it in, it works. 

They've (the team's) worked on tip ins quite a bit recently and it shows.

Horvat ... i don't remember seeing any net guy on our team  in the past doing what he's been doing.   Miller and Horvat together are tough to handle.  Horvat infront of the net and Miller along the boards getting the puck and making good passes, tough pair to handle and they do it against the best in the world.   There's a reason why QHs and Miller are the main puck distributors on the PP.    Dave Anderchyuk was the last net guy I saw do it as well as Horvat the past 70 games.   

Id love JR and Allvin, to figure out a way that we keep those two together, allow for EP long term with maybe Kuzmenko. We've got  great  bones for two scoring lines and some leftover. 

Long season left.   We are 4/5 now last five and  7-3-0 last ten games.   Hope these guys just keep winning.   

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

9-4 in our last 13? think that is what a dude on the radio said.

Not bad for a team that can score lots and has learned they can lose leads and come back.

A team playing with a back-up goalie and a defense that is still in need of tweaking.

We're actually in a pretty good spot with our overall team development. 

Listen to your bishop. 

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Didn't you get the memo?  He forgot how to play center.  And despite having and 55%ish face off average since taking on that role with us,  forgot how to do face offs too.   Because he's only done 120 or so this year and is below 50% .   Super regressing i suppose.   Joking aside, he's done his job this year and a heck of a lot more given his current cap hit.   Wait until the Jackels come out once he's actually getting paid for what he's done. 

Miller has been okay.  Our goalie (Demko) and most important player, was playing injured.  And he tried but was why we lost a lot of games.  Healthy Demko and we are 10 points better right now.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Aquilini’s direction would be to take back players at the ceiling (in their primes) anyway.  So even if we did get futures for Bo they would be turned into players to help “win now”.

Remember, at this point a team only needs $4.3m pro rated to take on Boeser and it's dropping everyday. As it gets closer to the deadline teams can add players easier.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Miller has been okay.  Our goalie (Demko) and most important player, was playing injured.  And he tried but was why we lost a lot of games.  Healthy Demko and we are 10 points better right now.  

I noticed another glaring giveaway pass by Miller last night.

And again trying to do the give-and-go with Lazar on that scoring chance - Miller's passes are off a lot of the time

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Yep.   That's too bad because he's for sure a key part of the team.  Martin and Schenn are the true hero's so far IMO.  If we re-sign Schenn and trade Horvat - to me the next Captain is Schenn not Miller.  No slight to Miller.   Need guys like that in your crew too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Yep.   That's too bad because he's for sure a key part of the team.  Martin and Schenn are the true hero's so far IMO.  If we re-sign Schenn and trade Horvat - to me the next Captain is Schenn not Miller.  No slight to Miller.   Need guys like that in your crew too. 

For sure Schenn would be a great captain. He is captain until he retires (2 year contract?) and then Petey takes over.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

9 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I just want to know If Kuzmenko tells the Canucks he's going to ufa, will everyone be ok if we end up trading him at the deadline?

If Kuz won't discuss an extension or sign an extension before the deadline, then we should absolutely trade him.

If we are trading Bo, there's no reason to keep Kuz as we are going into a mini, possibly major re-build.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

12 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

If Kuz won't discuss an extension or sign an extension before the deadline, then we should absolutely trade him.

If we are trading Bo, there's no reason to keep Kuz as we are going into a mini, possibly major re-build.

agree here its a business and if we cant keep the asset we need to get something for him.

Kuz is a good player,. im not sure a 8 million dollar player yet.A whole bunch of things would have to happen to be able to sign him but the stars could align.

Horvat trade could very well end up being the domino that affects all the other players, Kuz, Boeser, etc

• Cheers 2

51 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I've got to reserve judgement. The Canucks last night were completely different than the Wild game. They've certainly improved since October but still a team that is helter skelter and inconsistent. More consistent efforts like this will help but otherwise it's just optimism.

'Not bad for a team that can score lots and has learned they can lose leads and come back.

A team playing with a back-up goalie and a defense that is still in need of tweaking.'

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

agree here its a business and if we cant keep the asset we need to get something for him.

Kuz is a good player,. im not sure a 8 million dollar player yet.A whole bunch of things would have to happen to be able to sign him but the stars could align.

Horvat trade could very well end up being the domino that affects all the other players, Kuz, Boeser, etc

Kuzmenko hasn't played an 82 game NHL schedule yet.   What's the most games he's played so far in a year.   Just like Panarin, and don't think he's that good, he's going to have to prove himself.   Takes 110 games to win a cup.  Guys like Horvat, Miller, Schenn and Myers become more valuable.    Team if they trade Brock, shouldn't be offering him more the 5 x 3.   8?  Trade him please. 

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

'Not bad for a team that can score lots and has learned they can lose leads and come back.

A team playing with a back-up goalie and a defense that is still in need of tweaking.'

You really can argue either way. Our backup has outplayed our starter in terms of getting wins. Our defence shows limited sign of improvement unless Dermott/Poolman can somehow come in and make Myers sit.

I want them to do well, but it's going to take consistency and then some to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

He and JT have had a good thing building...JT's gets a lot of criticism for his cross ice passes (which I don't argue) but when he telegraphs one onto Bo's stick, who's waiting to either tip or blast it in, it works. 

They've (the team's) worked on tip ins quite a bit recently and it shows.

Absolutely. If you add in Kuzmenkos deflections or tip ins then I would say at least 3/4 of our PP goals are scored that way.. which is the hardest thing to defend against or a goalie to save.