The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday December 19 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs St Louis Blues - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

The piling on individuals on defence is hiarious. We have 2 and a half good dmen. Hmm wonder why our defence is trash. 

Yup and Schenn who plays too far up the lineup. Great guy, great player. But better served on the third pairing 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Like letting in three or more goals in 29/31 of their games so far.

Yeah, they need to free up cap and overhaul defence, we’ve known this since last season. Myers gone after bonus, 2-3 forwards moved for depth and top 4 d. Etc. with the flat cap it wasn’t happening over night and you’re fooling yourself if you thought otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The Canucks have their own standards cause there is more than one issue - but the biggest is:

talking kyle hill GIF by Because Science

I have a feeling Aquaman has finally learned his lesson.

Never in the entire jimbo tenure had the team come out and said everyone is available except one player.

I think we will finally see a proper rebuild.

Our cupboard is so bare we will practically be an expansion team (with Pettersson) :picard:

I feel bad for Spencer Martin, because this may sink his career. I like him and had high hopes for him, but in front of porous and out of position Dmen *and* some weak goals, his save percentage is terrible. 

I had thoughts he might shine, because as a backup he did pretty well. BUT as a starter he is buckling under the added games and pressure. I can't tell yet if it's his mindset or his skill level.