The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday December 19 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs St Louis Blues - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

14 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I have a feeling Aquaman has finally learned his lesson.

Never in the entire jimbo tenure had the team come out and said everyone is available except one player.

I think we will finally see a proper rebuild.

Our cupboard is so bare we will practically be an expansion team (with Pettersson) :picard:

Yep. We are worse than an expansion team in terms of the NHL roster.

But admitting that there is a problem is step 1 towards solving it. So, I'm glad.

Now let's see how the next 3-5 years go... well, we could always pull a Dallas, get lucky enough to draft a #1D, #1LW, and #1G in one draft. Or get really really really lucky and draft Bedard.

Just now, awalk said:

I wouldn't be so annoyed if they just committed to being bad. It's the trying - and failing - to be a playoff team, and ending up in the mucky middle, year after effing year, that's really starting to cause me to NGAF anymore 

Yup, NHL Purgatory is where Aquamans' Canucks are headed.  Funny, how his playoff chasing strategy is only going to cost, the team more playoff games.  Lol

• Like 1

One stat that stands out for the Canucks is the PK and our GA.

Our best PK stat was going back to 2010 where we were 1st with 185 GA. In 2011, we were 4th with 198 GA. After we lost the Stanley Cup we fell apart and have never recovered. 

2012-13 Canucks we slide to 12th with a shortened season. From 2013 ( 15th ) onto 2017 ( 26th ) we slide farther down. Last year we made a dramatic jump to 8th with 236 GA, which is part of our disappointment, because now we're the WORST defense in our history at 28/32 teams.

Where can I find PK ranking year by year? I've only been able to find GA stats. Anyone know a site?

Just now, King Heffy said:

Which is why MacLennan said he wasn't even breaking a sweat?  Bottom line is that he didn't care whether or not his effort level was acceptable and perfectly happy to disgrace the franchise by be playing like trash.

He played well defensively but sucked offensively full stop. Effort wasn’t the issue. We either failed to use him properly, he excelled as a net presence in Boston getting garbage goals from 10-15 feet out, and or he rapidly declined from there.

Either way I never saw effort as his issue here. You don't play well defensively without effort. 

And really the only players to actually disgrace our franchise were Messier and Bertuzzi. 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No way.  You don't want a locker room cancer like Lucic brought into this environment with our young players.  The last thing you want is for anyone to see him disgrace the franchise and think the way he acts is acceptable.  He is simply not welcome here under any circumstances.

Lucic is not a locker room cancer. At all. 

• Huggy Bear 1