The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don’t disagree on Green, but BB is just as much the problem as Green was.  He needs to go and they need to bring in a coach who will be with this team for awhile

Agreed, but who wants to come to this mess of a market right now? I bet our options on quality coaching is slim.

5 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Agreed, but who wants to come to this mess of a market right now? I bet our options on quality coaching is slim.

I think you can solve most of the problems by getting rid of Yeo.  If an experienced replacement can't be found, I'd consider Katey Stone as an option.  No reason a woman can't implement a structure just as well as a man.

• RoughGame 1

12 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

you know its bad when your captain says "im running out of things to say here" 

he's pretty much saying, "get me the **** out of here. I'm done."

how come we don't have a BoHo emoji?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Odd. said:

This team had an unstable Torts and 2 rookie coaches in Desjardins and Green. We needed a coach who knows how to win, has had success in the regular season, brings a winning culture, and is one of the most experienced and respected people in the game. Bruce was the right coach without a doubt. His age doesn’t mean shit, football and NBA coaches coach well past their 70’s, if they still have enough left in the tank. So if you’re using age as the reason, that’s not a viable reason.

The structure is not the problem here. Bruce’s teams in the past were ALWAYS top 10 in scoring and top 10 in GA. Unfortunately, when you have leaders who are passive bent passengers with no drive like your boy Horvat, Miller, Boeser, OEL, Myers, coupled with borderline questionable defensive players, with $0 cap space, you will find that no amount of structure or experience will be able to fix what is clearly rotten in that group of players.

And how’s he doing?  He was never going to be the coach past this year, imo

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Wait until we win the next 3 games in a roll. lol. 

This is why decisiveness is so important. Realize that we are not there yet, and act on it.

Anaheim was near the top of the league the first 30 games last season I think, and they ended up being huge sellers at TDL. Now that's action. 

Well I'm a pretty hopeful fan and if I'm at the point where I say start trading, my guess is that the brass is on the samepage.

I was the same guy that was upset at Allvins initial comments last year and urged them to give the team a chance before blowing it up. 

14 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Interesting stat….sure seems like our guys are scared to play at home. That’s what that says to me.

Its hard playing in a Canadian market. Lots of players have a hard time with the pressure of it all.

I think a lot of that comes down to goaltending……..first with a diminished Demko and now with Martina as the starter.

The second Demko went down, this team was done

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Let Cull take them the rest of the way this season, imo.  Then look for a coach in the off season

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Interesting stat….sure seems like our guys are scared to play at home. That’s what that says to me.

Its hard playing in a Canadian market. Lots of players have a hard time with the pressure of it all.

it's difficult to play in any market where the fans and media genuinely get more joy from shredding you than supporting you. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't necessarily bought a lot of what JR has said since he arrived (like expect big changes if things don't turn around then do absolutely nothing for example) but one thing he was 100% on the money was this team was relying on Demko way too much and that wasn't sustainable.   Now that Demko isn't available all the warts are completely exposed.  No knock on Martin,  he's not the problem,  but he's not the solution either.   

The issues with this club go far beyond the 'mix' of players like JR has suggested. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I haven't necessarily bought a lot of what JR has said since he arrived (like expect big changes if things don't turn around then do absolutely nothing for example) but one thing he was 100% on the money was this team was relying on Demko way too much and that wasn't sustainable.   Now that Demko isn't available all the warts are completely exposed.  No knock on Martin,  he's not the problem,  but he's not the solution either.   

The issues with this club go far beyond the 'mix' of players like JR has suggested. 

Yup.  JR has been saying since last season that a lot of our wins are because of Demko stealing games.  

21 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Demko, is a franchise goalie but all he was doing, was helping the team rise to the middle or NHL Purgatory; and I hope they don't rush him this year, to heal up for next years rise to the middle or mediocrity cause one "win now" type player will not fix the problem(s) vs a top 5 pick.  Preferably, the team drops to the top 5, of this draft cause that is where the players are, that are really going to help this team and also, give fans something for the future.  Anyways, Aquaman knows best !!!  

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Demko, is a franchise goalie but all he was doing, was helping the team rise to the middle or NHL Purgatory; and I hope they don't rush him this year, to heal up for next years rise to the middle or mediocrity cause one "win now" type player will not fix the problem(s) vs a top 5 pick.  Preferably, the team drops to the top 5, of this draft cause that is where the players are, that are really going to help this team and also, give fans something for the future.  Anyways, Aquaman knows best !!!  

They really should have managed his load last season instead of pushing him to his limits just to try to make the playoff push.

I hope he takes bulk of the season off and come back when he's fully ready. And even then, we should just ease him into games instead of playing every game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jyu said:

I'll take that 3% chance. If you don't play, you don't win.

Baffling, that the Canucks are still close to a WC spot and like an addict - Aquaman will chase.  Imo, a lot of teams are stealth tanking for a chance, to draft a difference maker cause the flat cap will be here for awhile - despite Ratmans' words 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 2

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Baffling, that the Canucks are still close to a WC spot and like addict - Aquaman will chase.  Imo, a lot of teams are stealth tanking for a chance, to draft a difference maker cause the flat cap will be here for awhile - despite Ratmans' words 

Why wouldn’t they?  I want to see my team in the playoffs……..I’m fine if they finish low in the standings, but it’s pathetic to cheer for that

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1