The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] How about Boeser for Lafreniere?

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but doubt the Rangers would.  Even add to the trade, the Rangers are tight to the

cap and all their higher salaries have long terms.  Nucks would have to retain salary, to make it happen, 

which I don't think they want to do.

Now if you trade Kuze + Shenn + high pick or decent prospect, you might be able to snag Laffy+ Schneids

They sure are desperate for a top 6rw though. Garland would be the #1rw on that team.

• There it is 1

I wouldn't even need to consider this, it's a done deal!  But I don't think NYR give up on him for Boeser. 

They probably wouldn't mind getting Kuzmenko, though. Cheap cap hit, point-a-game player who hasn't even entered his prime yet. But in that case, they might as well try to get Schneider. 

Boeser and Schenn for Schneider. 

Schenn re-signs in VAN next year. :bigblush:

• Like 1

Besides the fact that Boeser has next to zero trade value, as already stated above, the numbers dont work.

and the Rags don't even have anyone on their team who could be considered a cap dump in order to offset the salaries.

Rangers simply aren't going to be a trading partner for us unless its Horvat going the other way.

Teams dont see Boeser from 3 years ago, they see Boeser now. His performance at both ends of the ice leaves a lot to be desired, and his contract is scarier in a tight cap world.

Boeser doesn't move without us having to add a high pick, or we take back an inferior player and are willing to lose the trade on the ice, but win it in salary offload.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

side note, you gotta love how the rangers have a 1st and 2nd overall pick that havent lived up to the expectations

Canucks see that 1st and second, and raise them 3 firsts (Mccan, Virtannen, Oulevi) and two seconds (Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich) All players we drafted and have nothing to show for it.

Can argue that Mccan turned into Pearson but it would be a weak argument.

6 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Canucks see that 1st and second, and raise them 3 firsts (Mccan, Virtannen, Oulevi) and two seconds (Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich) All players we drafted and have nothing to show for it.

Can argue that Mccan turned into Pearson but it would be a weak argument.

none of those players were 1st and 2nd overall picks and ya might as well throw 2 2nd round picks in there because that's a relevant comparison too right?

Edited by Nucksfollower1983