The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday December 31 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - 7:00pm PT/9:00pm CT/10:00 PM ET - Saddledome

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

If I don't get a chance to say it ... Happy New Year, everyone! Wishing you all the best, health and happiness in 2023. Thanks for putting up with my nonsense. 

#miller ;)

Likewise...all the best to you. And Miller! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Lots of patience here but the reality is… they haven’t done much yet. How do they compare to Colorados core? I’ll tend to hold off on planning a parade till we see some consistent playoff action.

Wasn't too long ago when Avs were last in NHL with MacKinnon, Landeskog etc on the roster.  Each team charts their path.  There isn't a one template to make a cup winner. They don't look like they will repeat this yr.  But at least they got their cup. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, -DLC- said:

Sounds perfect to me! Yep....whatever we fancy, right? (Or, more likely....whatever we have in the house!). I'm craving chocolate but have none in the house...did really well over Christmas. Got so much chocolate from work and gave it all away. Had one pack of Raffaellos.

Tomorrow I'm having: chow mein, veg spring rolls, honey garlic meatballs (and a veg meatball dish), parmesan crusted sausage rolls, bok choy/broccoli (have to have something green in there).  A charcuterie board too. And Dolly Madison bars for dessert.

I love our family poker games...we haven't had one for awhile and I'm really looking forward to it.

Tomorrow I am going to focus on being more healthy.  I may go for a walk after midnight and in the morning as well. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, brilac said:

Today at the grocery store I was getting my champagne and food.  I went to two grocery stores actually - QFC and Trader Joe's (QFC for the champagne and Trader Joe's for the food).  I bought two bottles because two bottles is so much better than one.  I don't believe in shopping carts, 'cause, gosh! The price of food these days, who needs a shopping cart??! Anyhow, I felt such like a lush, I was carrying each bottle in each hand, going down the isles, looking at the Christmas stuff, lookin' at the cheese, lookin' at the desserts, and so on! And plus I was wearin' my Habs jacket because It was, and I mean was, a Habs day.  Then I went to Trader Joe's and got food. 

That was my day. 

I loved the "because two bottles is so much better than one" part. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Predictions needed:

a) Lazar stays on the top line, most of game

b .. Garland or BB6 gets switched with Lazar

Bruce isn't afraid to change things up mid game.  

I always see the lines as provisional. 

• Thanks 1