The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, aqua59 said:

Sorry if this has been posted I've not gone through all the pages here. Interesting read from Canucks army. 

Mr Miller is now becoming a daily talking point for all the wrong reasons.

The last two games haven't been about the performance of the goalies.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/the-stanchies-talk-jt-millers-performance-canucks-loss-flames 

Good read. This stuck out:

"Speaking of cold, that’s what the Canucks power play has been lately. They only have three power play goals over their last eight games and have seen 20 power play attempts through that stretch. That’s only a 15% success rate on the power play after clicking at 28.1% through their first 27 games of the season. "

Giving up SHG was a killer. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, x00x said:

god miller been trash since signing the new deal

His signing will go down in History as one of The Worst Signings in Canucks History - Mark my word!

Hopefully they can unload him in ASAP before his new contract & NTC kicks in.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Gurn said:

46 games left

all they have to do is get 9 more points than Calgary, Edmonton and Seattle to get 3rd in the division.

or

get 7 more points than Colorado, Seattle, St. Louis and Nashville for last wild card spot.

That's it?

No problemo!

Nope, that doesn't feel correct.

Probably end up missing by 3 points or something. I'm already looking at pick 15. Hopefully a guy like Yager or Dragicevic drops.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

All these long contracts nowadays in the discussion.  Wow.

Even for the most optimistic fan, most agree the Canucks "window" to contend with this core-4 is about 4-5 years (eg. Hughes contract) - why would you sign a player for 8 years when window probably already passed.  Pay a little more for a shorter term - they have done it in the past with Messier and Sundin.  I cannot think how fans would have reacted if Messier stayed 6 years here. Loui Erickson had the full six years that eventually forced the team into a trade just to rid the contract. When you have shorter term, once it expires - nice to have the full salary pool to look for someone and not get restricted for such long period.

• There it is 1

16 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

His signing will go down in History as one of The Worst Signings in Canucks History - Mark my word!

Miller is a key core piece.  We will build a better supporting group around him (and the other key core guys) and win.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

He has to blow super hard to be worse than Loui Errickssen, now that was tough to witness

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1