The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

But they've good moves too, so it's hard for me to pin down who they are as a management group.  I liked all their signings this summer, liked the bear trade and even don't mind the Stillman deal, so they are obviously capable of making good hockey decisions. It's frustrating and I don't get how anyone can watch this team and not see who needs to go and who needs to stay.

Miller is still tradable, they just have to accept getting some egg on their face.

Very hard to pin down what they're thinking which leaves me terrified they'll screw this up. How on earth they came to the decision to sign him in the first place I'll never understand. It's almost like they didn't even read the 1000 page research document CDC spent countless hours compiling for them. :P Yeah they have identified some good players. I have to say the fourth line guys we're decent acquisitions after the last several years. Mikeyhev while good was a luxury buy when we have no $$. With regards to the seeing who needs to go and stay they seem reluctant to make any of the hard decisions like getting rid of surplus players or taking back minimal returns.

It's a bloody shame the entire deadline this year needs to be dedicated to fixing mistakes to get back to less than even from the summer. Basically just sold the fans a garbage wasted season.

However, you know you're on a island with Stillman lol. Zero sum player, completely unnecessary and a waste of space and acquisition cost.

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Fine print says I get to stick around till we win a cup though ^_^

For eternal damnation, you deserve that.

I'll even build a statue when we win the cup.

The statue will also be a fountain. A Tiger that spews mustard for all future hotdogs ordered at Rogers.

You will be forever a legend. 

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Miller just said he’s playing really well last month offensively and defensively or so am I hearing this right :lol:

He also said after the Winnipeg game what happens in the room is “ our business “ He has the room confused with the back of the net. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I, for one, fell off after the post-game interview, you know the one where he said he didn't give a Flying Burrito Brother?

Since then, he has done nothing except add to that side of the ledger, earning and deserving, and reinforcing those additions.

The best way to handle situations like this is to learn what you can from them, get your Marchand together, and get back atter.

Put in the hard work, and be seen putting in the hard work; between games, in the gym, at practice, and every second you're on the ice.

He's gotta turn it around before I get back on the JT train.  Hustle!

Show some 'humbility' and respect for everyone.

“Get your Marchand together” I almost marchanded my pants when I read that :lol:

Edited by chon derry
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, chon derry said:

He also said after the Winnipeg game what happens in the room is “ our business “ He has the room confused with the back of the net. :lol:

Come on now.

How you supposed to motivate a goalie to vacate the net from the dessing room?

That would be way too late.

• Haha 1