The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jakub Vrana

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Have to claim this guy. 

2 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Ya but we would wanna have him on third line than say... Dries!  

Dermott is back so our D isn't the biggest concern now 

There's a reason he's only played 2 games all season, and it's not just injuries. Plus he's on £5.25m compared to Dries who's on league minimum and Nucks are right against the cap.

So um, no.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

There's a reason he's only played 2 games all season, and it's not just injuries. Plus he's on £5.25m compared to Dries who's on league minimum and Nucks are right against the cap.

So um, no.

Wrong.

The reason he's only played 2 games all season because he is in the player assistance program.

• Huggy Bear 2

41 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

This allows us to trade an forward asset for D without creating a hole 

I’m waiting on Boeser’s agent to find something lol. I think money is tight everywhere and wingers just seem unmovable unless something sets them a part like star players or are cheap. Unless you plan on trading Kuzmenko nobody is giving us value for any of our wingers.

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Cahlgary for Lucic?  Flames get rid of a locker room cancer in exchange for one more year of a guy who might be able to contribute once his issues are sorted.

Despite your repeated efforts Lucic is not a locker room cancer and is in fact very well liked by teammates.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

What was wrong?

He's played 2 games and is on a big contract (which we couldn't afford, even if we wanted to).

Were you not implying that the reason he's only been playing two games is performance related? 

Because it's most certainly not.

Edited by 73 Percent

10 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Were you not implying that the reason he's only been playing two games is performance related? 

Because it's most certainly not.

No. I wasn't, but I'm not going to speculate as to what's going on in his personal life as it's irrelevant since there isn't the cap space.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

This allows us to trade an forward asset for D without creating a hole 

Definitely a good option, and since we are not competing (Or shouldn't be based on roster construction) we can give Vrana the time he needs to properly work on whatever is ailing him in the player assistance program. 

For Example:

-Claim Vrana

-Trade Horvat for Kotkaniemi, Morrow and a 2nd

-Trade Boeser and Schenn for Severson

-Other moves like moving Myers and Pearson to get cap relief and trying to sign Livingstone

Next year:

Vrana Pettersson Kuzmenko

Miller Kotkaniemi Mikhayev

Podkolzin Karlsson Garland

Hoglander Lazar Joshua 

Lockwood

Hughes Severson

OEL Morrow

Dermott Bear

There are a lot of options where we can make some improvements, but we need to be creative.  Doing nothing is not at option.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

6 hours ago, Darkstar said:

Vrana not being claimed pretty much confirms that players like Boeser, Garland, etc have no value at the moment. 

Middle six wingers are going for pennies at this point. For example, Bjorkstrand in the offseason.

Yeah this is scary for us. 

Shows that we are in a really bad spot. 

On the other hand Vrana isn't even a roster player right now due to being on the player's assistance program. 

He would obviously have been claimed if he wasn't so this might still be comparing apples to oranges

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Vrana not on ltir so he technically counts against the team cap? 

Basically him being buried in the minors is still just over 4m in cap. 

In this case, why would anyone claim him on the off chance he plays back to his previous level while waiting and spending 4m in cap? 

The more I think about it, this does not really indicate where the market is at. 

What team has 4m in cap space reserved for a player who may or may not play while not even getting cap relief for him? 

Edited by CanucksJay