The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 03, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

You know what I’m not even mad any more. I’ll continue to watch the games, I like the moral victories but I think we are getting a lotto ticket this year ladies and gents. We should be excited to for the draft and deadline.

You know what’s worse sucking and not having a 1st rounder. We got some good stuff to look forward to this spring and summer. 
Maybe me move Myers. It’s The little things in life.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

no thanks, that's another decade, at least, and goodbye to Petey and Demko.  I don't want to see Petey succeed in another uniform, I want him to get a shot in Van.

Good chance we lose them anyway. The way things are is worse than a rebuild. We have no plan. 

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Too bad Miller -2 tonight, now -15 on year, keeps hurting his own value. 

I am shocked

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

We should get a good haul for him. We should do this trade soon so we can lose even more games for Bedard. 

I reckon it's only a matter of time, I hope they don't dawdle with it though because a Horvat injury would be worst case scenario

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

no thanks, that's another decade, at least, and goodbye to Petey and Demko.  I don't want to see Petey succeed in another uniform, I want him to get a shot in Van.

I don't think a rebuild needs to be lengthy, and it may be forced on management whether they want it or not if the roster can't perform. 

For one, losing Horvat would be devastating for this roster if only from a possession standpoint. I don't see him wanting to stay, you argue we should keep him, I argued that all summer, but I don't believe he will re-sign. Why would he? All he's done here for the most part is lose, and he's still losing. I reckon he'll sign with a team like Boston or Carolina. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Devron said:

You know what I’m not even mad any more. I’ll continue to watch the games, I like the moral victories but I think we are getting a lotto ticket this year ladies and gents. We should be excited to for the draft and deadline.

You know what’s worse sucking and not having a 1st rounder. We got some good stuff to look forward to this spring and summer. 
Maybe me move Myers. It’s The little things in life.

doubtful he's going anywhere until deadline 2024