The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 03, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Alvin and Rutherford why dont you get off your a$$es and do something!  Are they like completely incompetent in making a trade or letting the fan base know their direction.
complete chicken sh!ts 

Fans really have to stop going to games or something for a while, I know it’s fun to watch and get drunk but don’t pay Aqua, go to a bar or something lol.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

Unless he and his wife are crazy about the city and insist on raising their kids here. And Bo has zero interest in winning anything.

Wife’s be crazy. Bo could still be interested in winning but wife’s trump dreams lol

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You sure about that?

They balked at a Miller trade. I wouldn’t be surprised if they held on too long and re-signed him out of desperation.

That is the fear I have as well. But I think at the end of the day Horvat gets traded. I just hope it is a home run trade…

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

not if the management groups shows some guts.  I think they can be good next year if they make the right moves.  Lots of pieces I like on this team

They'd have to gut the prospect pool or picks in order to free up any cap. That could create a potential stall in teams progression while limiting our options to improve the team. Seems like a pipedream in terms of likelihood of turning it around in a year.

I still don't see it. I see mediocrity for a while at the pace we're going. 

1 minute ago, MNaslund?? said:

Alvin and Rutherford why dont you get off your a$$es and do something!  Are they like completely incompetent in making a trade or letting the fan base know their direction.
complete chicken sh!ts 

Fans really have to stop going to games or something for a while, I know it’s fun to watch and get drunk but don’t pay Aqua, go to a bar or something lol.  

Deadline. Honestly we need to stop b!tching until then. Nothing can be done to fix the team now. Just hope they play the cards right but moves most likely won’t happen until closer to March so I think we can cut them slack until we see what happens by then 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Unless he and his wife are crazy about the city and insist on raising their kids here. And Bo has zero interest in winning anything.

We don't need or want players like that here - that is exactly why we're in the situation we're in now.  The Country Club Aura around this franchise needs to end - once and for all.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

5 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

What a great team Aqua has built.

I can’t believe how this organization continues to hold on to hope after the tiniest bit of success.

They did it after the bubble and they did it after the Boudreau bump. They refuse to accept reality.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

I can’t believe how this organization continues to hold on to hope after the tiniest bit of success.

They did it after the bubble and they did it after the Boudreau bump. They refuse to accept reality.

The core as is and the team composition isn't built for success.

The way management is going about seems to only lead to prolonged mediocrity. 

We need a reset of sorts. We have young enough pieces to do it. 

Wish they didn't re-sign Miller last off-season though. Harder to move.

6 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Now that was painful to watch.  Not sure who Bear was looking at - as soon as that  4th goal went in, lights out and  game over.  .  
Don't get your hopes up for a very high draft pick either - knowing our recent team history, as soon as they are out of the playoff race, they will start winning again and go on a run.

Think has more to trying to keep their job though.

Gotta luv them Nucks.  Have a good night everyone.

Ya that giveaway by Hughes was as bad too. He was just going off to the bench and passed it to an open wing with no Canuck in the area. Led to that odd man rush and right in the back of our net.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Deadline. Honestly we need to stop b!tching until then. Nothing can be done to fix the team now. Just hope they play the cards right but moves most likely won’t happen until closer to March so I think we can cut them slack until we see what happens by then 

Leonardo Dicaprio Ok GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2
  • There it is 1