The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I’ve been wanting it.

miller has always played well on Peteys wing. And miller has shown chemistry with Kuzmenko when on the ice together (PP/OT) 

Will only boost millers trade value too

8.5 for Bo is a lot I’d prefer less and pearson  gots to goes

I like Mikheyev on Petey's wing as it puts less pressure on him on the defensive side of the game.  He seems to have lots of confidence now rushing up the ice.  Kuzmenko is not good defensively, so Mikheyev is a great fit on that line.  Miller would ruin all of that.  Keep the top line the way it is.

If we are keeping Miller around then he needs to play with some good defensive forwards who can also score.  He had good chemistry with Podkolzin last year.  I'm hoping Podkolzin can come back and be that guy from last year.  We would need another player on that line.  Perhaps a guy like Lysell in a Horvat trade.  

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Horvat's a better fit (and offers a better return) to CAR anyway. And yes, CAR has plenty of solid pieces to offer (Drury, Morrow, Seeley, Heimosalmi, Nikishin, Gunler)

Miller I could see more to PIT, NJD, NYI, BOS, CAL etc

I think miller is a great fit in Carolina actually and rod the bod won't put up with his sh!t and will get the most out of miller

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

or there wasn’t all these negative narratives and storylines and distractions he’d prolly be out scoring his mistakes a little more too.

One way to stop the negative narratives is for Miller to play better.

Another is to trade him.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because I know the value of a player like horvat

How is Horvat's value greater than the value from Trevor Linden and Pavel Bure?  I can't even believe we are having this conversation.  Two of the greatest players in franchise history who almost gave us a cup and you are comparing them to Horvat.  Did you even watch the 1994 cup finals and what Linden did for this franchise?  Horvat can only dream about being at the same level as Trevor Linden.  Linden was the most well-rounded and complete player in franchise history.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Horvats point trajectory is steeper in 2 2/3s.Seasons  when compared to millers.  Starting 20 ,21 Bo’s points went up. During that same period millers is somewhat inconsistent. Prior to 2021 horvats points are VERY consistent  whilst prior to 20 ,21 millers is all over the map. everything points to a hasty decision lacking comparative due diligence between the 2. All on jr , pa. 
                 Horvat0D7709FA-8E2E-44CB-B6F8-795F70EC6536.thumb.jpeg.7b7cec047021ed856c73a5a8b14df0f0.jpeg

Miller3DCAC587-49F7-4041-A9A8-2CAA4E500EE4.thumb.jpeg.c4d22ae038c623586aa8a83996e39758.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How is Horvat's value greater than the value from Trevor Linden and Pavel Bure?  I can't even believe we are having this conversation.  Two of the greatest players in franchise history who almost gave us a cup and you are comparing them to Horvat.  Did you even watch the 1994 cup finals and what Linden did for this franchise?  Horvat can only dream about being at the same level as Trevor Linden.  Linden was the most well-rounded and complete player in franchise history.

Because it's a different era and players like that, in the cap.era have far more value because you can't go out and just buy a replacement.  

Aside from Gretzky, linden is my all time favourite player and I watched him many times.  But you can't compare player value with players from the pre cap era to ones from the cap era.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I like Mikheyev on Petey's wing as it puts less pressure on him on the defensive side of the game.  He seems to have lots of confidence now rushing up the ice.  Kuzmenko is not good defensively, so Mikheyev is a great fit on that line.  Miller would ruin all of that.  Keep the top line the way it is.

If we are keeping Miller around then he needs to play with some good defensive forwards who can also score.  He had good chemistry with Podkolzin last year.  I'm hoping Podkolzin can come back and be that guy from last year.  We would need another player on that line.  Perhaps a guy like Lysell in a Horvat trade.  

Overall, I love Mikehyev with petey 100%. 

but without forward make up having mik with Horvat really helps balance out our top 6. Especially if boeser is on the line since he’s much slower than them.

(since petey and Mikehyev are our best 2 way guys)

Mikehyev hasn’t been regularly playing with petey for a while though so I’m not sure what you mean leave it the same. 

i mean miller played maybe his best defensive game on peteys wing vs the aves too.

So I agree with you but I understand why they aren’t playing together rn 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I am not trying to defend Miller at all.  Yes, his antics are not helpful, I agree with you on this.

My point was that re-signing Horvat in the same fashion as what we did with Miller is not going to help fix this mess that we are in.  We are a lousy team with Horvat.  Signing him to an 8-year extension isn't going to change that and make us any better.  Horvat is literally on pace for 60 goals and we are still a lottery team.

You can be upset that Miller is still on the team, but at the end of the day our problems far surpass just having Miller around.  We have much bigger problems than that...

Getting rid of miller frees up the singing of horvat. Freeing up more money else where frees up much needed money to shore up  the backend. When that’s achieved this teams looks a whole lot better.  Horvats age also fits a rebuild/ retool better than miller. I won’t get into the 2 players track record of loyalties because they don’t measure on the same scale. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

He played pretty well against Colorado imo, well so did Myers.

he’s frustrating at times but he’s also amazing at times and has given us immense value at his cap hit comparative to the league 

I mean imagine having the huberdeau contract , which would you prefer?

ane at least we have the option To move him right now still.

negative narratives will never stop in van. At least untill we are in the playoffs and even the. They’ll continue. Highly reactive passionate fan base with a media that loves stoking / throwing logs on the fire to keep active in their jobs and have fun 

Imagine we trade Bo for Lafrenierre.  Lafreniere wouldn’t know what hit him coming into this market. Or he loves the pressure and grows into a Big Todd Bertuzzi!  :towel:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because it's a different era and players like that, in the cap.era have far more value because you can't go out and just buy a replacement.  

Aside from Gretzky, linden is my all time favourite player and I watched him many times.  But you can't compare player value with players from the pre cap era to ones from the cap era.

Linden and Bure weren't even in the top 25 in salary when we went to the 1994 finals.  The Rangers on the other hand had two players in the top 15...

HockeyZonePlus - Salary History - 1993-1994 - Top 25 Salaries

Not sure what argument you are trying to make here.  Horvat is more valuable today than Linden and Bure were in 1994 because there was no cap back then?  

The value I see is their play on the ice.  The semantics of the salary cap are irrelevant to me.  

16 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

@stawns pumping out the draft picks

Old School Yes GIF

I think Carolina is a great for miller and I do want him to suceed, there is a lot I like about him.  I also think JK can still become a great player and would fit in well with this group.  I'd prefer Jarvis, but if he were untouchable, I'd take the picks to move on from Miller 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Linden and Bure weren't even in the top 25 in salary when we went to the 1994 finals.  The Rangers on the other hand had two players in the top 15...

HockeyZonePlus - Salary History - 1993-1994 - Top 25 Salaries

Not sure what argument you are trying to make here.  Horvat is more valuable today than Linden and Bure were in 1994 because there was no cap back then?  

The value I see is their play on the ice.  The semantics of the salary cap are irrelevant to me.  

Well, they're not irrelevant to the guys who run the teams and that's what matters.

Yes, his replacement value is far higher.  

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well that is the problem then.  If you think that Horvat is more important to this current team than Linden and Bure were to our 90's team than I can't really help you.  You are way past being attached to BO.  You will never let it go...

He does take the approach that some guys are irreplaceable when they aren't. I remember him stating many times last year that Myers was irreplaceable and he had Garland in that (almost) category for awhile this year. 

Facts are Bo is replaceable, like just most anyone but it's way harder to replace what Bo means to this team then Miller. They would definitely need to find a player who can play those minutes whether that means immediately paying big bucks ... or how I would prefer, targetting the right player and running a 3c or patchwork in that spot until the opportunity presents itself. Somehow his faceoffs and matchup ability, plus scoring will have to be dealt with though and that's not easy. I don't know what's going on with Dubois but that would be my target if he's available.

I'm almost indifferent, but the last thing I want is both Bo and Miller remaining on this yawn worthy team.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He does take the approach that some guys are irreplaceable when they aren't. I remember him stating many times last year that Myers was irreplaceable and he had Garland in that (almost) category for awhile this year. 

Facts are Bo is replaceable, like just most anyone but it's way harder to replace what Bo means to this team then Miller. They would definitely need to find a player who can play those minutes whether that means immediately paying big bucks ... or how I would prefer, targetting the right player and running a 3c or patchwork in that spot until the opportunity presents itself. Somehow his faceoffs and matchup ability, plus scoring will have to be dealt with though and that's not easy. I don't know what's going on with Dubois but that would be my target if he's available.

I'm almost indifferent, but the last thing I want is both Bo and Miller remaining on this yawn worthy team.

I said they had no one in the org to replace Myers and finding a replacement outside the org was going to be costly in money and assets.  I still stand by that.  

Get rid of Myers, get rid of oel and who replaces those hard mins they play?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, stawns said:

Exactly

They can ride out Myers, they can ride out boeser (ugh), but they can't ride out millers deal.  If they miss this window, it's miller and his attitude for 7 years.

What window? LOL............There are more windows in a Russian coffin! LOL