The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Jan. 10, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

36 minutes ago, Devron said:

The defence can’t be fixed doing what we’ve been doing, that is the issue.

Abby looks great. I do like a lot of the prospects there but nothing game changing. No defence. 

This is only going to be fixed by sucking hard and re fuelling.

Im positive af

Tank is in order. Doesn’t mean we have to tank for the next 5 years 

Tanking doesn't guarantee anything good coming, the only way you should tank is if you have pretty much nothing in assets and this franchise has plenty.

Who's to say we trade our good proven players teams would give decent return for and the picks we acquire turn out to be good players? These picks may never become good players and now you're rebuilding for 10 years and the team is even worse!

Unfortunately the team has to trade the weakest players they have that are hurting the team and cap like Myers and Boeser, Pearson and just keep trying to draft players and hope the prospects we have turn out like Jurmo and Dman Pettersson especially, draft another defenseman with our 1st this coming draft and whatever other picks we have.

This year its forwards that are all the top picks so might have to be creative and trade that forward or another young forward we have for a young more developed defender that ready now but there's absolutely no easy answers and tanking doesn't guarantee $hit.

I'll say it again he team has a lot of talent and some good prospects the answer is to improve on these few weaknesses that are killing them and weaknesses that unfortunately are erasing all the great players efforts they do get and hope that Demko regains his true great fom which I'm sure he will.

100% this team isn't as bad as it seams its just a few bad apples and weak goaltending that absolutely kill them.

Edited by Podkolzins Snipe
  • Upvote 1

This team has serious issues. At first, I was wondering if someone like Ekblad could turn this team around... But the answer is no. Too many of the core has psychological damage and the rest of the team followed suit and play that way. 

We are missing swagger, confidence etc. 1 player cannot change that. 

The core is rotten and keeps affecting any new comers. 

Im so glad podz and Hogz are in Abbotsford. That was a great move by management. Maybe they know what they are doing after all... 

We literally need to strip the team down to Petey and Hughes and trade everyone else. Anyone that can negatively influence the up and coming guys with their passive play needs to go. We need an identity and a new culture and unfortunately, I don't see anyone on this team minus Petey capable of playing this way. 

• Cheers 1