The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 18, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Sadly I am ready to move on from Bo.

I still think he re-signs but I dont know if he is the leader the team needs.

He doesn't inspire energy or passion. He seems to be playing in bubble wrap and may be stat hunting. 

Still one of my fav Nucks and he is such a talent but there is something missing when thinking about him leading a team to the cup. 

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Sadly I am ready to move on from Bo.

I still think he re-signs but I dont know if he is the leader the team needs.

He doesn't inspire energy or passion. He seems to be playing in bubble wrap and may be stat hunting. 

Still one of my fav Nucks and he is such a talent but there is something missing when thinking about him leading a team to the cup. 

I like Bo as a person, a player, I'm fine with him as an alternate Captain. But he's not the leader this team needs. Petey has put the team more on his back this season than Bo has. Hell Kuz doesn't stop until the final buzzer. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I like Bo as a person, a player, I'm fine with him as an alternate Captain. But he's not the leader this team needs. Petey has put the team more on his back this season than Bo has. Hell Kuz doesn't stop until the final buzzer. 

What a treat Kuz is.

Such good energy. 

Really hope we keep that player.

• Like 1

The lackluster effort on such a special night. These players don't get it and that might be part of the problem. There's no Canucks pride, the legends before them. The softies on this team are just living the life in beautiful BC, playing a game making millions. Boudreau's coddling of the players isn't helping. Horvat's sulking because he's only being offered $6.5 or whatever. Boohoo. And if he's the captain, well, they can't expect a great effort from the rest of the team. Trade Bo and Boeser, go with 3 As (Miller, Pettersson, Hughes).  Give Petey a new contract $10.5 x 8

Also, OEL is awful and I hope they're buying him out this summer. 

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

Safe to say our playoff hopes are over yet again... can we PLEASE call up Karlsson, Podkolzin and Hoglander??? They deserve to get more NHL experience, not AHL development... I'm so done watching the likes of Dries, Pedey, etc.... if we are gonna lose games anyway, at least give us an NHL level offense!! 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

The lackluster effort on such a special night. These players don't get it and that might be part of the problem. There's no Canucks pride, the legends before them. The softies on this team are just living the life in beautiful BC, playing a game making millions. Boudreau's coddling of the players isn't helping. Horvat's sulking because he's only being offered $6.5 or whatever. Boohoo. And if he's the captain, well, they can't expect a great effort from the rest of the team. Trade Bo and Boeser, go with 3 As (Miller, Pettersson, Hughes).  Give Petey a new contract $10.5 x 8

Also, OEL is awful and I hope they're buying him out this summer. 

I think it was pointed out on another post. The team is far better off retaining salary and trading him at a loss than a buyout. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, RakuRaku said:

Safe to say our playoff hopes are over yet again... can we PLEASE call up Karlsson, Podkolzin and Hoglander??? They deserve to get more NHL experience, not AHL development... I'm so done watching the likes of Dries, Pedey, etc.... if we are gonna lose games anyway, at least give us an NHL level offense!! 

What? And have a chance to win games? Are you crazy!?!?!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I don't want to see our young guys playing in a losing environment like the Canucks.  They are playing

in a winning environment; continuing to develop their game and bond with players that might end up

as teammates in Vancouver.

Depending on the trades and returns at TDL, I think it's better to leave the young players in Abby and let

them have a long playoff run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't want to see our young guys playing in a losing environment like the Canucks.  They are playing

in a winning environment; continuing to develop their game and bond with players that might end up

as teammates in Vancouver.

Depending on the trades and returns at TDL, I think it's better to leave the young players in Abby and let

them have a long playoff run.

There needs to be a balance. They also have to play NHL games to get a feel what it's like in the big leagues. 

That's the juggling act. 

10 hours ago, sassbs said:

People really need to stop going to games!  Make a statement.  Have a capacity that can battle Phoenix. 

I'm pretty sure it's mostly businesses getting tickets and handing them out. I keep being offered tickets but I'm not supporting our no plan best plan 

in person haha

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

How was Miller?  

he played better than usual resulting in only a Minus -1 for the night, which leaves him at a whopping Minus -14 (so far) on the year, which makes him tied as the 40th worst (top 5% of ) +/- players in the entire National Hockey league out of all 845 players.

• RoughGame 1