The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 20, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Not buying that for one minute. 
These fools screwed up and couldn’t calculate the cost of jaw breakers in a penny candy store. 

Rrrrright. After decades in the business, Stanley cups, JR has no clue what he’s doing anymore. Sure. You really actually believe that or is it just impatience taking hold?

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Where you get limited returns because the players are all demanding trades…

Brilliant!

Who f**king cares.

they are not a winning club and don’t play like one. 
if multimillionaires don’t want to play hockey, and instead want to play NHL 23 in real-time, then GTFO.

of all people on this board you’re smart enough to know how badly this club has been failing and how frustrating it has been. Change has to happen if it hurts. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I’ve watched all of it.

he’s taken blame, and he’s also pointed out where it does truly exist. Unfortunately, players are playing like shit, there is no cohesive team just a group of people wearing the same jersey, and like it or not, Bruce is paid to get wins (even if it’s next to impossible with this schizophrenic roster).

It’s messed up. We can say all the same shit here on CDC, but as soon as the Pres pipes up and basically echoes it all, fans rip him to shreds for speaking the truth. 

Mgmt hasn’t done shit yet, sure.

And added cap issues, yes.

but it’s only been a year. One year.

how much time did we all give Benning, hmmmm? 

this club has been sinking towards this low for a long time. I think JR, right away, knew this was not a sustainably solid club. He has given a good amount of time for that to be assessed and exhausted. And he’s been proven right. 
so, let this iteration collapse on itself, we have not and are not a playoff caliber club, so let it dissolve, stoke it if you have to, but at least get it into position to  dismantle. That’s now been done.

Time is not the issue here. It's the amount of screw-ups in one year - one after the other.

Bad assessments after 1.5+ years of time -> now they're claiming they need a major surgery. Was this news to them now? Ridiculous.

JR hasn't been proven right. If he was, he wouldn't be here trying to "be transparent" about being disappointed in himself, or so he claims.

We wouldn't be at the bottom of the standings while capped out, would we? All those promises he made of different voices and different visions - who is speaking for the team now? Him. Not even Allvin, his pet gecko.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Rrrrright. After decades in the business, Stanley cups, JR has no clue what he’s doing anymore. Sure. You really actually believe that or is it just impatience taking hold?

Projected impatience from the realization that the last 8 years of patience under Benning were for nothing, and JR repeating the 2014 retool catch phrases again bringing back some PTSD. 

It's not outside the realm of outcomes that JR can turn this around, but we need to see a significant course correction fast. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

You're telling me that choosing Miller over Horvat was a brilliant strategy based on his long experience with Stanley Cup winning teams?

Wow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

Please draft well

It's very uncertain right now :( between losing Brackett under Benning and the purge of our amateur scouting department by JR, the scouting department feels like a shadow of its former self. Hopefully Gradin gets more of a say.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

Projected impatience from the realization that the last 8 years of patience under Benning were for nothing, and JR repeating the 2014 retool catch phrases again bringing back some PTSD. 

It's not outside the realm of outcomes that JR can turn this around, but we need to see a significant course correction fast. 

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I agree with you both.

Handling of Boudreau situation has been an absolute embarrassment..

But in terms of building a winning roster this ship has barely sailed. We are handcuffed financially and the reality is we won't see major turnover till the summertime atleast. I have faith they can build a winning hockey team as long as JR starts to keep his yap shut.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Time is not the issue here. It's the amount of screw-ups in one year - one after the other.

Bad assessments after 1.5+ years of time -> now they're claiming they need a major surgery. Was this news to them now? Ridiculous.

JR hasn't been proven right. If he was, he wouldn't be here trying to "be transparent" about being disappointed in himself, or so he claims.

We wouldn't be at the bottom of the standings while capped out, would we? All those promises he made of different voices and different visions - who is speaking for the team now? Him. Not even Allvin, his pet gecko.

Whatevs, I’m pleased by all of this, as much I hate to see this team lose.

we needed major f**king reset since before the bubble. Thank god it’s finally transpiring now and we can rebuild around the core. I dont like how it’s gone down but one way or another it had to happen

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Oh I’m fine with dumping players but you gotta do it smart.

The more assets we get back in trades the higher the likelihood that we are able to build enough depth and talent to be good.

Totally, and although it hurts, gotta rip the band aid off, take some of the scab with it, and treat it so it heals.

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You're telling me that choosing Miller over Horvat was a brilliant strategy based on his long experience with Stanley Cup winning teams?

Wow.

Miller scored 99 points last season. Horvats career high was what? 60?

I think fans have a serious case of hindsight 20/20 here. Signing Miller first was a no brainer in my eyes.

Besides we've done nothing but lose with Horvat as our leader.

Edited by Maginator
  • Cheers 2

I guess we should look at it more positively.

Toronto went through way worse with Ballard... and they still haven't figured it out.

Their team is about to implode in a season or two when Mathews leaves... and I don't think they get past Boston in the playoffs this year.

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Who f**king cares.

they are not a winning club and don’t play like one. 
if multimillionaires don’t want to play hockey, and instead want to play NHL 23 in real-time, then GTFO.

of all people on this board you’re smart enough to know how badly this club has been failing and how frustrating it has been. Change has to happen if it hurts. 

If it were an actual deliberate management tank scheme I’d agree with you  but it’s not. Jr has mishandled the team starting with miller and ending with losing horvat because of it.  Publicly throwing the team under the bus accomplished what?  Devalued any potential tradable players worth?  Your right though change is needed. Rutherford has to go.!!!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

It matters if you have a job or not after.  With rumors there are 2 associate coaches also coming with Tocchet, which may mean he's already negotiated his own coaches.  

One is Sergey Gonchar. Russian. He'd be good for Mik Kuz Podz i think 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

2 minutes ago, Maginator said:

I agree with you both.

Handling of Boudreau situation has been an absolute embarrassment..

But in terms of building a winning roster this ship has barely sailed. We are handcuffed financially and the reality is we won't see major turnover till the summertime atleast. I have faith they can build a winning hockey team as long as JR starts to keep his yap shut.

By who?!?!?

You can blame the players for that. 
They were able to play hockey last season when Bruce came in. They have the talent, they just don’t have the combined character as a team. The players will have gotten Bruce fired.

• RoughGame 1