The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 20, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

FB_IMG_1674317251214.jpg

Absolutely embarrassing travesty the way he has been treated by Rutherford. 
We have had some bad management groups in our history, this is so far looking as bad or worse than any. I thought JB had some embarrassing moments in front of the camera but the list of mistakes by this group in one year overtakes his entire tenure and that has nothing to do with the on ice mess. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Millet is an absolutely horrible signing for this team. Just rubbish management. That's why I've tuned out. Retirement contracts for schnucks ... have fun not for me thanks.

325369926_1990648054607945_3387607216264

People flounder on Miller. When he was dragging us along, they jumped on board his 99 point train.

IF and when we do get into playoffs, we'll need players like him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

People flounder on Miller. When he was dragging us along, they jumped on board his 99 point train.

Luckily he seems to round himself into shape around mid-season.

‘Sorry. I tried I just can’t help myself. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Ummm just like Green before him?   Nah coaching isn't the problem.   Two different coaching staffs, same old Jekyll and Hyde stuff going on - mostly bad.   It's a personnel issue at this point, and that's on management(s).  

Of course players are part of the problem, but if you can watch this team play and tell me what kind of defensive system he's got going on, I'd be surprised

I'm not watching anymore and have subscribed to ahltv to watch Abby for the rest of the season.  Watch them play abd you'll see the difference between a team, like Abby, who plays a strong systems game and BB, who does not.  It's night and day.

There's no lack on talent on Van and if you have a talented team playing like this, it's most likely because there's no structure to their game.

Edited by stawns

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Must See TV.

I'd like to see JR show up in a Beagle Boys prison outfit with chains all around him and a face mask like Anthony Hopkins'.

Don't let him say or do anything; just drag him away and put him in the Looney Bus To The Looney Bin.

Reinstate Bruce and There it is!

Watch the team show up then.

Thomas Harris introduced the world to Hannibal Lecter, and pop culture  would never be the same - The Washington Post

Edited by Goal:thecup

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Millet is an absolutely horrible signing for this team. Just rubbish management. That's why I've tuned out. Retirement contracts for schnucks ... have fun not for me thanks.

Yet there are still people clinging to the myth of JT Miller, that he is somehow the heart and soul of this team and drags them along like they're some kind of anchor he has to carry

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

Canucks are a bad team. They have some good players, but they're bad together. Looking forward to the changes when this team can find some respectability again.  They got to get the Bo out of there, the guy doesn't want to be here and it's probably bringing everyone down.

• RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's no lack on talent on Van and if you have a talented team playing like this, it's most likely because there's no structure to their game.

Hmmm, I don't know that I'd agree with this. We are lacking some talent on D.

And we  have some veteran d men who, despite coaching, should know what to do.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Bruce and Jim were hired at the same time, weren't they?

So one guy (the guy in charge of hiring the new staff that have come on board to support the team) gets a chance while the coach (who had things turning around until his new assistants arrived) is getting canned. In a less than professional way. JR might be ferociously attacking (I see it more "dabbling" and experimenting) but he seems to be making things worse, not better. That's on him (too). Bruce wasn't JR's guy...but maybe he had that mindset all along. He brought in some of his guys and things got worse than ever. Not sure we shouldn't put some of the spotlight on them and let them go, too? 

It’s not less than professional though, it’s simply the way the business operates. I don’t like it but it’s the truth…we’ve seen many folks in sport be in Bruce’s position. Lame duck. Working on a short contract or not having the full support of mgmt. Even Brian Burke publicly admitted once he was a lame duck GM.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/sports/burke-doesnt-back-down/article994431/

The issue that I think fans need to keep strongly in mind is that mgmt have this group an additional season to show they could put it together even though JR vocalized perceived issues off the hop.

Every opportunity has been provided for this group of players to prove something…and they haven’t done that. 
they have not rewarded anyone for the commitment into them.
last years push showed something but if this was all on new assistants, Jason King could have been fired all day long every day since his hiring to the bench. 

These failures arent just on a single entity…it’s a collective mismatch of incorrect parts and an IKEA box without instructions. That’s why it’s coming apart the way it is. The fans cling on to the emotional side and, as they should, support the “victims” in this catastrophe,  but we have provided all the faith in the world that this team from top to bottom could put it together. It hasn’t happened, even after bringing in a great human and talented coach to act as a symbol and pull everyone together. It’s sad, but this is where it was going to go all along and likely needs to happen to expose everything that is wrong with the club, not just mgmt’s actions. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Everyone is pretty tightly wound. This place will go bezerk if JR and co sh$t the bed again at the TDL 

Who can forget the epic failure last year? Didn’t move Miller or Boeser. 
How confident are we that this year will be any different? I’m going to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Yup. I'm expecting the worst. I'm fully expecting the Canucks to make even more absolutely horrible moves. I'm thinking something like Phillipe Myers for Schenn and maybe Geekie, Fredrick Gaudreau, or Cam Dewar, for Bo along with a 2nd or 3rd maybe. Might as well not trade Kuz and sign him to some stupid 5x$6 while we're at it.

200.gif

Absolute Nightmare on Elm Street. This team is pooched and will take the eventual trading of Petey and Hughes, plus firing management, and dumping Miller to right the ship. This team will be unwatchable for 5-8 years.

I am carefully in the process of choosing which back up team I will support moving forward while they chase their tails for the next decade or so.

• Cheers 1

I’m sitting this game out tonight. After going to Wednesdays game and last nights game. The mood at rogers is so strange but warranted. Only so much toxicity fans can take. But the noise as Myers said is getting louder, boiling over point. 5 wins in 22 home games will do that to a rabid fan base. I loved the respect the crowd gave Bruce last night. No coach change is going to fix this. It’s a roster and team direction issue not a coach. But here we go again. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Miller wins faceoffs too.

And our powerplay this year is fine

That’s my problem - Bo is having a career year and wants to get paid as if this is normal for him 

miller put up 100 points and asked to get paid like a point per game guy. 

Miller had a career.  year where’s his 100 points this year?

miller wins faceoffs lolololol then he should start winning some he’s only taken 220  total this season and hes at 50% that’s like 4th line stuff. 

as far as faceoff wins is concerned he ranked 113th That sucks. 
miller only been effective this season when he got ep or horvat in the middle and even then He’s been a defensive turd. 

miller only started being around a point per game after he came here about the same age as horvat is now  … huh

millers career is .72 ppg horvat .67ppg  horvat it a way more complete player than miller will ever be. 
Let’s add horvats team mates like him not so much with miller.

they picked  the lesser player in miller they were wrong. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Because he is a demented ogre with no empathy, consistency, or a clue how to run a team anymore.

The whole world but you can see this.

Maybe so.
Or maybe I see the issues with this club differently and have for some time. 

maybe I’m just tired of hearing the same lame excuses for years from the players. 

maybe when Bruce recently said some of them are “stat chasing” that should open up some fans’ eyes as to who is responsible for Bruce’s firing. 

i could go on about discrepancies and character, but did you see a club really fighting for its coach the last while, claiming they’re still “playing hard for him night in and night out”

knowing he’s on the hot seat? I didn’t.

this team has not shown anything whereby they deserve to be held together anymore. 

maybe last year proved this team has the talent to kick some ass, but not the heart, drive or focus required to maintain it. 

I love this club, but this iteration is hot garbage and has reeked of dysfunction internally all the way through for some time. How many players have low key talked shit about this team once they’ve left? It’s been a poor working environment prior to JR, but alas it’s all coming out of the woodwork now. I just feel it shouldn’t all be placed at the feet of who’s now running the show. The wounds are just being drained out in the open.

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Canuck You said:

At this point to me it just feels like some random people came in and just hijacked our team and no matter what want to bring in their own people..Feels like this teams losing all of it's it's identity..what ever was left.

Never was an identity. 

to quote KB3, easy to play against.

that’s all you need to remember when it comes to summary. 

and for anybody bitching about mgmt  and their decisions, half of you straight up were begging for JTM to be extended here in the forums. So take your lumps equally as you dish them out and perhaps show some restraint with your pointy fingers.

36 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I was never on the Miller train. I liked his offence and contract but hockey is so much more than that. I've always questioned his defence, floating, teamwork, effort, and shitty attitude. Last season was horrible only gullible people kept thinking we were making the playoffs and jumped on his jock and his 99 points. Capspace is key and they blew it on Miller and created a Country Club in Vancouver again.

We're not making the playoffs with him on the roster. We need his cap space for players that do the hard work necessary to do that. So get ready for another 8 years of this.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
  • There it is 1