The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 hour ago, greenbean30 said:

With everything that has been going on this year, I am starting to worry that Petey will not want to re-sign here after next year.

This organization is in such a mess, I wouldn't blame any players to want out ASAP.

Hopefully OEL leads the charge.

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

He is 58! 

JT would drop him

Lol.

If he’s such a tough guy how come he never fights?

Tocchett fought some of the toughest players in NHL history. Miller would be afraid to fight someone like Foligno.

There’s a difference between your average 58 year old and a ex professional athlete 58 year old. 

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

And Tocchet will deserve a trip to the ICU if he doesn't conduct himself appropriately.

I think he will do fine. Gotta have faith that while he has flaws, this team needs someone new at the helm( in no way a knock on Bruce). But the players need a head shake, the systems need to change, the culture needs an adjustment, the pushback needs to come back.... So I'm optimistic about this change.

Not saying I'm hoping for wins, just hoping for a different on ice performance and type of play 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Miller winning back the hearts of some Canuck fans on just the far fetched potential that he could be the one to dust the dirtbag coach that is heading our way.

love it. 

Maybe Tocchet and Miller will get along. Love it. 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

agreed there, though I mean in reading the roster well.  I feel like they did no homework before taking the job and didn't have a real understanding of where the core of lineup was.........they were bamboozled by a great run after BB came in.

Agree with you on that. They were indeed bamboozled and handcuffed by that run. They were forced into "assessing what they have" for longer than they wanted. At least Bruce did get a second season.

I just wish they could have supported him rather than creating instability. But the more I think about it, all this chaos and instability is leading to necessary change. It looks like their way of getting creative since they're hampered by the cap and contracts. 

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I think he will do fine. Gotta have faith that while he has flaws, this team needs someone new at the helm( in no way a knock on Bruce). But the players need a head shake, the systems need to change, the culture needs an adjustment, the pushback needs to come back.... So I'm optimistic about this change.

Not saying I'm hoping for wins, just hoping for a different on ice performance and type of play 

Bringing in a known locker room cancer who is a convicted criminal with mob ties is not the right way to bring in a positive culture change.   There is no reason this dirtbag should be welcome.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol.

If he’s such a tough guy how come he never fights?

Tocchett fought some of the toughest players in NHL history. Miller would be afraid to fight someone like Foligno.

There’s a difference between your average 58 year old and a ex professional athlete 58 year old. 

Other than Schenn, Miller has probably fought the most for the Canucks this season. He would have also taken out Sergachev when Garland was punched. Just wasn’t on the ice then.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 2