The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Give the new development team a chance to show their work. 

Sedins, Higgy, plus other new staff. 

Results will take yrs to show. This new management made big investments and changes to this area.   

I’m hopeful!  

Plus one of the few positives about the glut of wingers and overall high scoring is that there’s no reason to rush anyone. 

Always felt like the young guys were the only ones who could put the puck in the net.

Edited by ilduce39

5 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I have no issue keeping him either.  He's the one (and only) good thing JR has done so far but if he's prime trade bait if JR is serious about retooling the team as he is one of only a few that can return anything of value back to us.    JR doesn't have many cards to play after signing JTM and BB6 for lengthy terms needlessly unless he finds some team to unload them to.   So Horvat & Kuz and Schenn are the three best trade chips he has and he'll likely trade all of them as he's boxed himself in a corner signing those other two - and he'll be desperate to show any sign of success after this season.

Come to think of it , maybe we can trade Mik and Kuz as a pair. That's 2 top 6 forwards for around 6 million. I just think we owe it to Kuz to be with Mik bc that's part of why he signed here 

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Only thing nice about this is Yeo and King will be gone. But that’s about it for me. The timing of this coaching change is F’d! 

I’m one of the few that doesn’t mind the timing, but I hate that is been leaked and JR admitted he’s interviewing while Bruce is on the job. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect our coach to be able to pass a criminal background check.  Hard to cheer for a team coached by someone you have absolutely zero respect for.

Heff I don’t disagree with you about Tocchet except that as Canuck fan from day one I will be damned if I let these goobers drive me away.

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Won’t get a good return for either. Team is at the point where they need an excellent return for a player, and a strong draft pick. Bo is the guy who will get us that. Can’t wait for the trade, half the league is interested, bidding war.

You just said miller would get a good return:huh:

2nd intermission in the Abby game. 

Calgary Wranglers (top 5 AHL team) are leading 3-2.  Very entertaining game, Abby is carrying the play but Calgary's young goalie Wolf is excellent. 

Karlsson - Aman - Bains is a great line to watch.  They have lots of playmaking ability between the three of them, and each have different strengths without the puck. 

Klimovich is playing few minutes on the 4th line, but he's looked okay and drawn a penalty. 

Alex Kanok-Leipert challenged Adam Klapka (6'7 235lbs) to a fight and tuned him pretty good.  One of the better fights I've seen all season. 

Podz is playing well and has a goal. 

Karlsson looks awesome in the corners and along the boards.  Noah Juulsen is our most impressive d-man.  Looks much stronger then anyone else and isn't afraid to block shots or throw his weight around. 

There you go, little update for those watching the Canucks game.  

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

#SellKuzmenko

And have Petey play with who? Miller and Garland?

Gotta keep Petey happy. He has chemistry with Kuzmenko. Those players don’t grow on trees.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

And have Petey play with who? Miller and Garland?

Gotta keep Petey happy. He has chemistry with Kuzmenko. Those players don’t grow on trees.

I see it as win-win and throw in another win because we got him for free.