The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's part of the problem that the team has no identity. Because it can't decide on it's identity.

I hated the skate before, I still hate it. 

I always felt the team in the 90's was great in spite of the star wars stupid skate, not because of it. 

It's like disco. It always seems to come back from the dead. 

image.jpeg.95690f2006e1ee91f868cad317896f76.jpeg

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Luckily I think we are past the point of a meaningful turn-around being possible with the TDL only a little over a month away.

I think we all know Horvat is gone for sure....maybe Boeser as well. I think we're stuck with Miller and OEL, but you can't have everything.

Petey and Hughes are untouchable for me. For the rest of the team, JR should put out a sign that says "Everything Must Go!"

This is only the second time I can remember advocating for a tank. The last time was back in 2015, when this kid from the Erie Otters was the consensus 1st overall pick. Instead, we picked up Ryan Miller and Radim Vrbata in the offseason....<_<

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Luckily I think we are past the point of a meaningful turn-around being possible with the TDL only a little over a month away. 

I think the new coaching staff will take this month to decide who they want to keep, who they don’t want, and who are “doesn’t matter if they stay or go”.  And provide that info to JR & PA.

So TDL will be very interesting.  If nothing happens, then it’s a big fail on management.

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

I was just kidding, I know you're pissed off and you should be. Seattle looks like a wagon right now too, so I'm keeping an eye on them.

Yeah.  I'm hoping Bedard goes to Anaheim, Columbus, Montreal, or Ottawa so I can follow his career, but Seattle should at least be fun for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Not a write off, we brought in Tocchet to try to get as many wins as possible down the stretch. 

But, what does winning as many games as possible down the stretch do for this team besides lowering our draft slot? We are missing the playoffs, winning is funner than losing....but when you consider the future of this team and looking at next season winning some more games is nothing but a small moral victory.....and judging by what happened last season winning habits don't seem to carry over into the next season.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah.  I'm hoping Bedard goes to Anaheim, Columbus, Montreal, or Ottawa so I can follow his career, but Seattle should at least be fun for the rest of the season.

At the very least, I'd like to see him in Canadian market. So Montreal I guess has the best odds after us....  Bedard, Caufield, Suzuki, Slafkovsky.....not too shabby. 

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think the new coaching staff will take this month to decide who they want to keep, who they don’t want, and who are “doesn’t matter if they stay or go”.  And provide that info to JR & PA.

So TDL will be very interesting.  If nothing happens, then it’s a big fail on management.

Horvat/Kuzmenko/Schenn decisions will all be made. Likely 2 of the 3 being gone, thinking Horvat & Schenn.

We'll see if anything else comes but I agree the rest of this year is going to be an evaluation period then hopefully they will have more flexibility in the offseason to make changes.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Heffy can you go on the Seattle site and see if we can get Shane Wright in a package deal for Bo? Wright + a 1st Rdr does it for me.