The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Team tank is still alive. 

We keep the two assistant coaches who both are just the rear end of a donkey costume.. We bring in a HC and assistants who will focus the defensive game. Something we know this roster is not constructed for.... which will tank our offense.

We just need to start selling offense asap just to be sure though. Bo to Seattle ASAP and get rid of some wingers. We might need to embrace the rebuild regardless based on these interviews with the vet leaders. Nobody will want to sign here... 

They will overpriced contracts! Good if no one wants to sign here then we can go through a proper rebuild is through the draft. It will fix so many things. By then Francisco might sell the team to Trevor 

2 minutes ago, Nuckin Kingsly said:

I haven’t posted on here for quite a bit, as it’s tough to see our team go through these tough times over and over. But what people really need to understand, is that the media are the ones who are tainting our team. Yes Rutherford said he had talked to coaches, that he was too blunt. Shouldn’t have said that. But this is a business, and this happens all the time. The media crying wolf and cursing the canucks all the time just rubs off on the fans. Then people start believing it and it becomes a cruel circle. 

I really like Bruce as a coach and a person. But Aquilini hiring Boudreau before the gm or president ? When has that ever happened. That was a tough situation from the start. Listening to the press conference today only further solidified my belief that things are not nearly as bad as people think they are. 

it would be nice if we could get an owner who isn’t exactly like jerry jones for all the wrong reasons, but not gunna happen. For years and years the Pattersons, Drances, batchelors threw so much shade at the organization. And all the fans listen to the media and assume they are right. They are so toxic. 

I don’t think Boudreau is the right coach for us, as much as I like him. I believe he is too nice of a guy. So players aren’t held accountable nearly enough. I love miller, but he’s an example of how this team needs to harden up. We needed a coach who will put people into their places.. 

I know really wordy.. but I’m so sick of reading the filth spewed on the canucks all the time 

Fan perception is one thing...affects sales, mind share etc. 

Player perception can be fatal. No good player will want to sign there.  Your best players may want to leave (EP, QH etc).  

In a social media world and in a Canadian market, JR doesn't seem to know how to handle it correctly.  

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Zerofaith said:

What a laughable presser 

As expected they shifted blame onto departed BB saying he was the one that put the current team together.

like what the flying f**k are you saying? It’s not the coach who was responsible in bringing or identifying players, it wasn’t BB who constructed this team of individuals, it wasn’t BB who’s responsible for signing miller ahead of Bo our captain. These were management decisions. it wasn’t Bruce who asked for the same defencemnen. 

These talking heads take fans to be stupid and blind. They act all high and mighty while it was them that were responsible for managing this team and any bad optics that resulted. 

According to Patrick  every move they made in the periphery of this team has been an improvement yet the results tell  a completely different story. 

I think they're a bunch of teenagers playing whackamole. Totally out of their element.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Fan perception is one thing...affects sales, mind share etc. 

Player perception can be fatal. No good player will want to sign there.  Your best players may want to leave (EP, QH etc).  

In a social media world and in a Canadian market, JR doesn't seem to know how to handle it correctly.  

I can see what you mean there, even in the presser today he answered a question hastily after he said he wouldn’t. Not the best look. 

But people have long said that players don’t want to sign in Vancouver or Toronto because of the crazy markets. Yet they find a way to do it still. I think this whole thing got blown way to outta proportion because people just love to crap all over the canucks/leafs as well

4 hours ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

Didn't tocchet have to give 4 weeks notice at his old job? If so there is no way they just decided this morning. Everyone knew it was coming. Should just own up to it.

Canucks bought him out of his TNT contract

speculation 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

The guy was a 40 goal scorer and top line player in Philly. He wasn't some goon. 

He was both. 

It was guys like him, Neely (crying) and there's a couple more who were those kind of guys.

They could play the game hard, but could also knock you right out.

Even Clark, who Tocchet scrapped was still able to hold his own. 

But yeah, he wasn't a goon per se, but he easily could have been. 

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Zerofaith said:

Tochet began the presser by saying he likes Vancouver restaurants and that it’s a great vacation spot. All the right things huh? 

that’s what Vancouver is, a nice trip to the north to relax and recharge the batteries. Laughable. 

othet points I agree with you. 

He talked about building relationships, ice time, and playing the right way.  Players having rules.  I didn't mind that.

The other two, I didn't like their answers.  I didn't like the way they addressed the mess that has been created, nor the dismissal of BB.  Speculation, allllllll because of speculation.  I never realized speculation, in a Canadian hockey market, was so powerful.  That's all we do up here because we are passionate.

They came across as being better than.  Nobody should have that sense of entitlement given this situation.