The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 24, 2023 Chicago Blackhawks(14-27-4) @ Vancouver Canucks(18-25-3) 7:00pm at Rogers Arena SNPTV SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My concern is Bo's goal scoring is going to dry up.  They better trade him soon before his value starts to tank...

This...

If he is going, and by all accounts that looks to be the case, then ship him out while he still scores like Ovi in his prime...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I think it the misinterpretation of team tanking vs players tank. 

No player tanks. They try to win every game. Managers tank. They purposely ice sh!t teams making it practically a miracle to get wins 

Look at Dallas eakins. Not even a ECHL level coach... That's even all ducks fans say too! Yet they keep on trucking with him and only Zegas / Terry lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

This...

If he is going, and by all accounts that looks to be the case, then ship him out while he still scores like Ovi in his prime...

Or before he gets injured blocking a huge shot. That and I’m just sick of this saga all together. Sign him or trade him already.  I hate this 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Look at Dallas eakins. Not even a ECHL level coach... That's even all ducks fans say too! Yet they keep on trucking with him and only Zegas / Terry lol

Yep they ain’t taking no chances on screwing up the tank haha 

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Yup.  And Zegras gets to be a 100% useless “look at me go mommy” selfish player and it’s all good because the ignorant fans they have think it’s great.  Dumb fans, in a non hockey market. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I see bettman took a couple hits of meth before talking. Trying to say tanking isn't a thing and why would someone do it lmfao. Didn't things change first because Buffalo tried soooo hard to get mcdavid?? Now AZ, CHI, ANA, SJ, CLB are all losing on purpose... even MTL is coming out and saying they are tanking while trying to tell MSL to lose on purpose. 

Then you got us and the flyers who SHOULD be on that group of tankers but we are the worst ran franchises soo... 

That's 1/4 of the league who are essentially tanking buddy :lol:

If they really want to stop tanking, just make picks 1 to 10 an even lottery for the bottom 10 teams. 

The team between the bottom 10 and playoffs are probably not tanking anyways. 

8 minutes ago, Devron said:

I think it the misinterpretation of team tanking vs players tank. 

No player tanks. They try to win every game. Managers tank. They purposely ice sh!t teams making it practically a miracle to get wins 

Yep of course they do... its their lively hood that is at stake... They have to put themselves in the shopping window, in case they get dumped.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Anaheim will finish their rebuild before we start ours 

I have n worries about Anaheim e er building a winner.  They have the most selfish “look at me go mommy” player in the league as their centre piece.  No team can win with that guy. 

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

You also have tp keep in mind that Dach probably don't want to stay for 6 years for a rebuild if he is as good as you say. 

Since when do 22 year olds get to demand things? He hadn’t proven anything yet… 

He would stay because they’d lock him in long term.

Something tells me drafting Bedard would have changed his feelings too.

16 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Hoping they lose badly! (They probably won't and shouldn't given how bad Chicago is).     We DO NOT NEED ANY MORE POINTS!

Come on now RU.  No losing badly...just the usual scoring lots of goals and losing by 1.  Bruce...there it is!

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Since when do 22 year olds get to demand things? He hadn’t proven anything yet… 

He would stay because they’d lock him in long term.

Something tells me drafting Bedard would have changed his feelings too.

Locking him long term is not a guarantee and in today's environment, players even in rfa have a lot of power in where they go.

This ain't the nhl if yesteryear. It is trending heavily toward the nba. 

Secondly, if he is still with the Hawks, they might not be in their leading position to get Bedard. Dach don't exist in a vacuum there unless he got a season ending injury. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I have n worries about Anaheim e er building a winner.  They have the most selfish “look at me go mommy” player in the league as their centre piece.  No team can win with that guy. 

Yes Alf, because you're absolutely known for objective takes on other teams