The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

5 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

If we nail this draft we honestly are kinda stacked Prospect-wise 

Definitely. And for once we have an abundance of picks… six picks in the first four rounds, in a draft class that is apparently very deep!

Edited by YearoftheNuck
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Horvat will but he’s not gonna carry a new team on his back.

We called Bo "The Ox" before because of his ability to potentially carry a team on his back. NYI are a structured defensive team (at least they were before, not too sure how Lane Lambert has changed their team this year) and having Bo to win them possession more often will only help with that. They also lacked go scoring which Bo should help with given his production this year. I think they still need to make another addition, but Bo gets them in the right direction for this season.

• Wat 1

8 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Hands down we trade the picks for Bedard, but I don’t think anyone would make that trade with us. 

Really?  You think no one would do that?  I think Fantilli is an amazing player not too far off from Bedard.  Canucks would have extra incentives to go all in on Bedard, but I think some other teams would consider a Fantilli and 14th-18th for Bedard.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

We've basically moved down in the 1st round if this happens because Horvat was a 9th overall. We have an unproven, but young C in Raty, and Beauvillier is basically Pearson, especially with the inconsistency.

Don't know why this is considered a good trade.

You've been told why, you just don't have the sense to listen. Lol.

• RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, Screw said:

Would love Carlsson but he isn’t getting past 4th and will likely go 2 or 3.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if Islanders pick 13th and moves up 10, Carlsson should be avaiable?

Just seen a few answers from others and I'm wrong... the pick is top 12 protected, so if they win the lottery and goes into top 12, they keep the pick. My mistake. 

Edited by spook007
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, sxqhfeh said:

hopefully Horvat will re-sign with Vancouver in the offseason after the Canucks are done trading their baggage contracts

Trevor Linden came back 5 years after he was traded at age 32.

We’ll bring Bo back when this team is ready to compete for a cup. Bo will be 32 in 5 years.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I just used my logic after calming down a bit.  It's top 12 protected.  The lottery happens before the draft.  If the Islanders land the #3 pick then they would keep it...

That's not confirmation.........not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to know and there doesn't seem to be info on it.

If it's top 12 protected after the lottery, then Allvin is a massive cluster*ck.

1 minute ago, T.Demko said:

Really?  You think no one would do that?  I think Fantilli is an amazing player not too far off from Bedard.  Canucks would have extra incentives to go all in on Bedard, but I think some other teams would consider a Fantilli and 14th-18th for Bedard.

I like fantilli, but it's not even close.  I mean like world's apart

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

We've basically moved down in the 1st round if this happens because Horvat was a 9th overall. We have an unproven, but young C in Raty, and Beauvillier is basically Pearson, especially with the inconsistency.

Don't know why this is considered a good trade.

We aren't getting a proven young C with a mid range 1st round pick for a pending UFA. We got a pick, prospect and roster player. It's pretty standard.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, McBackup said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/islanders-acquire-bo-horvat-in-trade-with-canucks/c-340604068

"If the conditional first-round pick ends up in the top 12, the Canucks will get the Islanders' 2024 first-round pick instead."

I don't know why people seem to think "Top 12 Protected" means anything other than if the pick being within the first 12 it defers. Why would they protect the pick for finishing 12th but not for getting 3rd overall and winning the lottery?

That makes sense.

But wouldn't it be funny if JR and the Islanders' management are confused on this point as well?

Could have a brawl after the lottery!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McBackup said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/islanders-acquire-bo-horvat-in-trade-with-canucks/c-340604068

"If the conditional first-round pick ends up in the top 12, the Canucks will get the Islanders' 2024 first-round pick instead."

I don't know why people seem to think "Top 12 Protected" means anything other than if the pick being within the first 12 it defers. Why would they protect the pick for finishing 12th but not for getting 3rd overall and winning the lottery?

This thread, and the Miller initial trade thread have a good ability to root out the dummies.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's not confirmation.........not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to know and there doesn't seem to be info on it.

If it's top 12 protected after the lottery, then Allvin is a massive cluster*ck.

It's a deep draft.  The 13th pick could turn out to be a top 6 forward...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, UnkNuk said:

That makes sense.

But wouldn't it be funny if JR and the Islanders' management are confused on this point as well?

Could have a brawl after the lottery!

They'd have to be even dumber than I thought to be confused over a trade they made. 

Then again JR did try to make an illegal trade in Pittsburgh so I wouldn't put it past him.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

You've been told why, you just don't have the sense to listen. Lol.

I've explained why, but people aren't listening.

See how that works?

It's funny how you accuse me of not listening when people are doing the exact same thing lol, but maybe they said something that you agree with.

Objectively, this is a bad trade. Horvat is the real deal and we couldn't even get an unprotected first rounder AND we eat a bit of salary, meaning we don't actually save money after trading Horvat (for this year), AND we have Raty who I'm not completely sold on.

Beauvillier, at this point, looks like a cap dump. If he busts on Vancouver, this trade is going to be awful. We still haven't improved the D yet either. And if we trade Schenn, WHICH THEY SHOULD TO GET ASSETS, we are only getting weaker.

Why is management insisting square pieces for circle holes?

Edited by Dazzle