The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

On 1/30/2023 at 5:28 PM, Mustard Tiger said:

So I am unsure what happens in the instance Islanders finish with 14 oor15th pick. But with the luck of the balls they move up to 12th or better. Do we lose the pick or do they claim the pick.

Does everyonwho misses the play offs go in the lottery system. 

Go east on me !

4 hours ago, Zerofaith said:

A 2nd, a 3rd and a mid first for a player of BH caliber. Questionable trade imo, seems like a knee jerk reaction to the terrible circus show management created by choices made in the off season which created a rift in the locker room and ate  up  available cap space leaving the captain out to dry. Certainly a giant middle finger from Horvat to PA/JR when he refused to be strong armed into signing a below value deal. Good for him for not giving those clowns a pass. 

Speaking of middle fingers , per Bryan Lawton, Bo's asking 9 million. If he gets that it will be the bggest X Canuck overpay since Erhoff

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Imagine if we traded Podkolzin, our 2023 first, and Garland for an expiring contract guy of Bo’s age and abilities with where we are as a franchise in our cycle?  The Islanders were nuts to make this deal.  It’s no wonder we jumped on it. 

Pretty much this.  And what happens if the Islanders miss the playoffs?  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Speaking of middle fingers , per Bryan Lawton, Bo's asking 9 million. 

8x8 is better than 9x7, unless BO thinks he would like to retire a year earlier.  If Lou can't sign BO then that tells me that he is playing major hardball and just wants to go UFA to the highest bidder...

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Imagine if we traded Podkolzin, our 2023 first, and Garland for an expiring contract guy of Bo’s age and abilities with where we are as a franchise in our cycle?  The Islanders were nuts to make this deal.  It’s no wonder we jumped on it. 

Ratty - Podz going to be such a hard line to play against. Excited for the future. Also potential of 2 picks in the top 15 in what is considered the best draft since 2003 :towel:

• Like 3
  • There it is 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

8x8 is better than 9x7, unless BO thinks he would like to retire a year earlier.  If Lou can't sign BO then that tells me that he is playing major hardball and just wants to go UFA to the highest bidder...

Or he wants to win a Stanley Cup in his lifetime 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Or he wants to win a Stanley Cup in his lifetime 

I'd be disappointed if he didn't. 

If he goes to UFA, he get's to decide the team he will play his next 8yrs on.

Stay with NYIs and it will be a repeat of his first 8yrs as a Canuck.

Keep moving Bo.  There's a much better team waiting for you when you graduate to UFA status!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

man this @Zerofaith has little dick energy spewing out in a filthy sad troll job.... I hope this person isnt as sad as his posts are.

troll GIF

Kid you wouldn’t be running your mouth and being a keyboard warrior  dm me if you want to settle this IRL

Edited by Zerofaith
  • Haha 3