The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

27 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

One goal, one assist. No need for cdc to dump on him. He seems like a good person and a very decent hockey player. Its like your gf dumps you cause you couldn't commit to her and all of a sudden she’s a b*tch.

If it takes her 8.5 mil to commit then yes she is a b*tch. 

Edited by Quinn Huges
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 3
  • elephant 1

2 hours ago, Devron said:

The toxicity of this fan base. Bo is a great player and we were lucky to have him. He doesn’t play here anymore. So it’s like he’s an asshole now or something. We got a good package back. Bo is still having success on the Island. We are rebuilding. There’s really nothing else to it 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

No kidding.

But you know every time he scores or every time he goes into a slump this thread will be bumped. That’s what we do.

I’ll definitely be rooting for him. Just not this season because we need that Isles pick to be a good one. :lol:

The narratives really changed quickly. It was terrible to watch.

6 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Bo, after 2 periods tonight. in game number 8 (3G, 1A) with NYI

TOI - 15 min.

0 Goals

0 assists

0 PIM

0 Shots

0 Engagement

1 Bullet dodged

This didn't age well. Ends up with 22+ minutes, a monster in the faceoffs, a goal and an assist on the GWG, all without Barzal and most importantly he absolutely stoned Crosby. Crosby and Malkin combine for 1 assist.

That's why he got paid, for big games like this. That was a huge 4 point swing match and Bo turned it on and lead the team to a win. 

8M well spent if it means they jumped over Pittsburgh in the standings. If Lou hadn't made the trade when he did they'd be finished.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

For whom though 

I think it'll end up being a sort of win-win. But right now I give the W to Lou.

Bo is leading his team, before the trade they were well out of a playoff spot, now Bo single handedly drags them (without Barzal) above the Pens and into the first Wild card spot.

Meanwhile Raty is having a horrid time in Abbortsford doing pretty much nothing, Beauvillier looks good, but that 1st is looking later and later...

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

This didn't age well. Ends up with 22+ minutes, a monster in the faceoffs, a goal and an assist on the GWG, all without Barzal and most importantly he absolutely stoned Crosby. Crosby and Malkin combine for 1 assist.

That's why he got paid, for big games like this. That was a huge 4 point swing match and Bo turned it on and lead the team to a win. 

8M well spent if it means they jumped over Pittsburgh in the standings. If Lou hadn't made the trade when he did they'd be finished.

I'll take the Beau we got, plus the $$$ savings, plus the great prospect, PLUS a great pick instead...but thanks for straightening me out though :rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think it'll end up being a sort of win-win. But right now I give the W to Lou.

Bo is leading his team, before the trade they were well out of a playoff spot, now Bo single handedly drags them (without Barzal) above the Pens and into the first Wild card spot.

Meanwhile Raty is having a horrid time in Abbortsford doing pretty much nothing, Beauvillier looks good, but that 1st is looking later and later...

The Islanders were outshot 46-32, so it was alot of Sorokin tonight.  Also, Brock Nelson had 2 goals and was all over the ice. 

Saying BO singlehandedly won the game for them is as big of a stretch as you can get.  

• elephant 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Islanders were outshot 46-32, so it was alot of Sorokin tonight.  Also, Brock Nelson had 2 goals and was all over the ice. 

Saying BO singlehandedly won the game for them is as big of a stretch as you can get.  

I wonder though, what would NYI's record have been without Bo these last few games? They're 3-2-2 in the games Bo has been with them, not a great record but that's against some top teams. I doubt they'd be above 0.500 without Bo.

If they make the playoffs without Barzal, it's all because of this trade. Not saying the Canucks didn't win the trade either but you have to put some respect on crazy Lou's name - made the right trade at the right time. It seemed a bit mad to pay Bo at the time but now watch him take over this team.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder though, what would NYI's record have been without Bo these last few games? They're 3-2-2 in the games Bo has been with them, not a great record but that's against some top teams. I doubt they'd be above 0.500 without Bo.

If they make the playoffs without Barzal, it's all because of this trade. Not saying the Canucks didn't win the trade either but you have to put some respect on crazy Lou's name - made the right trade at the right time. It seemed a bit mad to pay Bo at the time but now watch him take over this team.

They are 4-2-2 since BO arrived.  They were 25-22-5 before he arrived.  So there isn't a huge difference to be honest.  The Islanders play a structured defensive game and Sorokin keeps them in games.  Like tonight for example.  He stopped 44 shots.  BO didn't actually do much until the 3rd period, that is where he got his points.  

For sure, he has helped them.  There is no denying that.  The question is can he help them to make the playoffs?  With Barzal out I think the answer is no, but I could be wrong.  I think even with Barzal it was going to be 50/50 that they made the playoffs.  The teams behind them have lots of games in hand.  I think Buffalo has like 6 games in hand, Detroit 5, Pittsburgh 4.  So, it's still likely they miss the playoffs.

Even if they make the playoffs, I still wouldn't pay BO $8.5 million over 8 years.  That is Roope Hintz money.  He actually got $50k more than Roope, who is one of the best two way centres in the game and is two years younger than BO.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2