The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

51 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Islanders and Penguins are battling for a playoff spot. NYI recently beat PIT again this season and the Penguins could possibly miss the playoffs. Crazy to think Crosby and Malkin missing the postseason. 

The Penguins need to find a way to beat Horvat and the Islanders.

Boeser to PIT for ??

Might see Horvat and Boeser going head-to-head for that last playoff spot. 

Its far from just Pitt vs NYI for the spot though.

Two Wild card spots are:

1. Isles            65 pts  60 gp  542  pts, 

2. Panthers     64 pts  60 gp   .533pts %

Penguins         63 pts  56 gp  .563  pts%

Capitals          62 pts  58 gp   .534 pts %

Sabres           60 pts  54 gp  .556  pts%

Wings            60 pts  55 gp   .545 pts %

3 teams have a better record than the Isles in the chase for the wildcard. Pitt, Sabres and Wings. Isles just lost Barzal for a few weeks. The odds of them making the playoffs are very slim. Pitt is looking the strongest to make the playoffs and have really good odds at it.

Not sure why people aren't talking about the Sabres and Wings as legitimate playoff teams. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, sorry I was channeling my inner Alf and just got on a roll. :frantic::towel:

I find this bashing Bo to be just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen though. We're talking about an honest, super amiable and hard working family man who gave his best for the team for his entire career up to now. I personally wish him all the best.

100% by all accounts he's a grade A human being and I wish him the best for sure. He did what's best for him and his family, I could never faultt someone for that.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Islanders and Penguins are battling for a playoff spot. NYI recently beat PIT again this season and the Penguins could possibly miss the playoffs. Crazy to think Crosby and Malkin missing the postseason. 

The Penguins need to find a way to beat Horvat and the Islanders.

Boeser to PIT for ??

Might see Horvat and Boeser going head-to-head for that last playoff spot. 

Malkin and Sid have had a great run.  

Love the Border Line Bi Polar disorder that is the CDC collective Hive Mind.

for the last number of years, ‘Fix it now! Rebuild the right way!  Tank for the top pick! Trade for all the draft Picks and prosepects, but as soon as they become our prospects, they must suck.’

man, have you ever even looked into therapy?

the narcissist is in the room, typing furiously already to respond to my post, aka trolling, before I hit send…

prediction will come true in how many posts?  

lol. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/21/2023 at 10:05 AM, Tower102 said:

Its far from just Pitt vs NYI for the spot though.

Two Wild card spots are:

1. Isles            65 pts  60 gp  542  pts, 

2. Panthers     64 pts  60 gp   .533pts %

Penguins         63 pts  56 gp  .563  pts%

Capitals          62 pts  58 gp   .534 pts %

Sabres           60 pts  54 gp  .556  pts%

Wings            60 pts  55 gp   .545 pts %

3 teams have a better record than the Isles in the chase for the wildcard. Pitt, Sabres and Wings. Isles just lost Barzal for a few weeks. The odds of them making the playoffs are very slim. Pitt is looking the strongest to make the playoffs and have really good odds at it.

Not sure why people aren't talking about the Sabres and Wings as legitimate playoff teams. 

My bold prediction for this deadline is that Buffalo loads up.  They have all their picks, a loaded farm , and no bad contracts with term.  

• Upvote 1

What do we think we could get for Beauvillier? 

We should learn from this Horvat trade and start trading at highs and not lows. Think we could get a first for Beauvillier 50% retained? Keep Boeser this year, keep putting him in spots to inflate his totals and bring his value back up before trading him next deadline when he's a rental and will have more suitors.

Lets also stop this nonsense of having to clear cap space. Unless we want to try and make the playoffs next year, we don't need cap space to add anyone in the offseason. So the trades where we get rid of Boeser or Garland for nothing except we get to have cap space makes ZERO sense right now (ie - Boeser for Dumba). Keep them till we can trade them with retained cap for something of value. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 2/23/2023 at 10:13 AM, Phat Fingers said:

Love the Border Line Bi Polar disorder that is the CDC collective Hive Mind.

for the last number of years, ‘Fix it now! Rebuild the right way!  Tank for the top pick! Trade for all the draft Picks and prosepects, but as soon as they become our prospects, they must suck.’

man, have you ever even looked into therapy?

the narcissist is in the room, typing furiously already to respond to my post, aka trolling, before I hit send…

prediction will come true in how many posts?  

lol. 

Fans here have a right to be pissed off with the team, top down starting with ownership.

I've been on these boards for nearly 20 years and have reached the point where enough is enough. Same old song and dance, over and over.  

But yeah, don't disagree that I could probably use some therapy after being so emotionally invested in this train wreck of an organization for so long.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, J-23 said:

Sabres and Wings look like they might be the last 2 wildcard spots. Wings have been on a heater since they beat us, and both teams have many games in hand. Good for our pick.

Yup. Whatever is best for us, is what I will cheer for. Go Wings. Go Sabres! 

7 hours ago, Tower102 said:

What do we think we could get for Beauvillier? 

We should learn from this Horvat trade and start trading at highs and not lows. Think we could get a first for Beauvillier 50% retained? Keep Boeser this year, keep putting him in spots to inflate his totals and bring his value back up before trading him next deadline when he's a rental and will have more suitors.

Lets also stop this nonsense of having to clear cap space. Unless we want to try and make the playoffs next year, we don't need cap space to add anyone in the offseason. So the trades where we get rid of Boeser or Garland for nothing except we get to have cap space makes ZERO sense right now (ie - Boeser for Dumba). Keep them till we can trade them with retained cap for something of value. 

I think if Beau goes near ppg rest of the season (getting 50pts), he’d be worth a 1st at 50% retained this offseason.

5 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

Fans here have a right to be pissed off with the team, top down starting with ownership.

I've been on these boards for nearly 20 years and have reached the point where enough is enough. Same old song and dance, over and over.  

But yeah, don't disagree that I could probably use some therapy after being so emotionally invested in this train wreck of an organization for so long.

Woa, you're one of the few that's been around as long as me. I still got a few months on ya though ;)

Just now, Alflives said:

If we trade new Beau it will be at the 2024 TDL. Likely (with retention) he’d return a second. 

Depends.

If he goes near ppg, he’d be well worth a 1st (20-ish pick) if 50% retained.  That’s a 60-70pt player at only $2M.  I’m sure there would be contending teams that would take a chance with that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

I honestly believe our owner has (finally) learned his lesson and is no longer meddling in hockey ops. It took the horrid start to this season (partially caused by his refusal to allow JR to replace Boudreau in the summer) to make him understand he must listen to the hockey experts. Now we see the Boudreau replacement happen and the Bo trade for futures. I don’t think we see the Bo trade, especially for futures, if Aquilini was still meddling. 

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Depends.

If he goes near ppg, he’d be well worth a 1st (20-ish pick) if 50% retained.  That’s a 60-70pt player at only $2M.  I’m sure there would be contending teams that would take a chance with that. 

Why would we trade him though, if he’s meshing so well with Petey and Kuz Missile? If we are struggling next TDL, then move him. 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why would we trade him though, if he’s meshing so well with Petey and Kuz Missile? If we are struggling next TDL, then move him. 

He might want a big payday??  If he doesn’t re-sign by the TDL, I’d rather trade him than let him walk for free as a UFA.