The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

As a leader he was stoic. As a teammate, he was permissive of cheapshots. 

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I have to admit I am getting antsy to see Hronek play at least 10 games before the season ends. If he can anchor the 2nd pairing then we really have something. Meyers is likely gone. Can Hronek stabilize OEL’s game is likely the question to ask. Is there a LD in the works that can take the 2 LD away from OEL ?

IMO Hughes has moved past the thought that he needs a partner to back his d side game. Each season his overall game gets better. What I am trying to say is that if Livingstone signed with Vancouver Hughes could be the vet that helps him establish his NHL game. 

Agreed - Hughes’ defensive abilities keep getting better. He uses his speed to catch up and defuse breakaways when they occur.  

He also seems to make any partner look good. Juulsen, for example, hasn’t looked out of place.

Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

17 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

That really bugged you, hey?

You’re so frothy that you’re writing another romance novel about Bo, instead of watching the game.

Sorry, I couldn’t get through your last post. Too long, too repetitive and too illogical. You’re all over the ice.

Romance novel was @SilentSam's line, lets go for a little more originality here.

Again the one frothing at the mouth is you as you come up increasingly stupid takes like Bo wasn't trying hard or my personal favourite, Bo is big and Canadian, therefore he has to hit and fight or he is "spineless". That logic doesn't apply to the Henrik, Naslund or Pettersson, who will be our next captain. You need to get over the hurt feelings, its time to move on. 

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Toews said:

Romance novel was @SilentSam's line, lets go for a little more originality here.

Again the one frothing at the mouth is you as you come up increasingly stupid takes like Bo wasn't trying hard or my personal favourite, Bo is big and Canadian, therefore he has to hit and fight or he is "spineless". That logic doesn't apply to the Henrik, Naslund or Pettersson, who will be our next captain. You need to get over the hurt feelings, its time to move on. 

This post is the equivalent of ‘No I’m not, YOU are!’

Having higher expectations for a 215 lb Canadian to be physical, and stand up for his teammates (vs a 180 lb Swede) is pretty reasonable. Especially as the Captain, who leads by example.

Sorry you’re having trouble getting that it’s not logically inconsistent. 

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

bo at 8.5 x 8 gross, I thin kobo is great 

We needed the French Canadien version of “Beau” all along !!! Lol :ph34r:

Perhaps we get a first rounder for him from the Habs in a couple of years !!!!

• Haha 1

Moving Bo makes sense when Miller is playing like an elite 2C.  Will look even better if we find a shutdown 3C to support Petey and JT.

There’s still a potential issue with Miller’s age vs the age of the rest of our core.  But in the short term Bo and Miller were almost redundant as high offensive 2Cs - but neither excelling in a matchup role.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Moving Bo makes sense when Miller is playing like an elite 2C.  Will look even better if we find a shutdown 3C to support Petey and JT.

There’s still a potential issue with Miller’s age vs the age of the rest of our core.  But in the short term Bo and Miller were almost redundant as high offensive 2Cs - but neither excelling in a matchup role.

I think Miller isn’t going to be affected too much by his age..  the motivation he plays with is rubbing off on the entire team,  when everyone is motivated, engaged, and playing tenaciously ,  it’s that motivation that reciprocates back to you as a player.

He might even start finding those seams in the game to play between that opens up more opportunities.

Seeing these other young men now responding and playing at a new level , can be inspirational, and intimidating enough for him to keep himself in great form for years.

We will get at least 3-4 great years out of Miller,   Even if he drops off a bit,  he will be a conduit on the team to change a game when necessary,  that’s a unique skill in itself.

Timming , and determined to upset the balance of a game when it’s the straw to be pulled.

I’m loving this team and the cast we are assembling 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

PDG - Miller - Boeser has been used in matchups lately, and seems to be limiting other teams’ top lines. Wonder if that’s an experiment, or just a placeholder until we can acquire a shutdown 3C. 

• Cheers 2