The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

On our team, if we kept Bo, with the rise of Petey Bo falls to the 3C role. He would play PK and take important Dzone draws. But he’s not ahead of Petey and Miller. That’s why we traded Bo. We traded from a position of strength to upgrade a position of weakness, top four D. Sure Miller could move to wing, but that isn’t what we wanted to do. We offered Bo 3C dollars. Just over 5 per. 

I like the Bo trade personally.  It WOULD be nice to have the luxury of playing Miller with Petey (and Kuzy) again though.  Hoping Raty works out and sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

On our team, if we kept Bo, with the rise of Petey Bo falls to the 3C role. He would play PK and take important Dzone draws. But he’s not ahead of Petey and Miller. That’s why we traded Bo. We traded from a position of strength to upgrade a position of weakness, top four D. Sure Miller could move to wing, but that isn’t what we wanted to do. We offered Bo 3C dollars. Just over 5 per. 

We traded Bo because we were out of money and had no chance of making the playoffs.  You don't offer your captain a $5M extension after you just extended Brock Boeser for way more.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

His comments on the comment are even worse - "in the heat of the moment, emotions got the better of me". Don't think there's many Bo fans out there anymore.

Circle the calendar for next season, JT vs Bo fight off the opening draw would be so sweet.

Bo ?  
 “  Emotions got the better of me “.  ???

“ Heat of the moment “. ????

LMAO !!!!

Full of. —————

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 2
  • elephant 1

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s decent for the most part, the over the top Bo hate schtick is lame af though. 

As long as you dont try to make sense to the guy I guess he’s fine, because there is no hope with logic or rationality. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Bo ?  
 “  Emotions got the better of me “.  ???

“ Heat of the moment “. ????

LMAO !!!!

Full of. —————

He may as well go full clown show and join the Maple Leafs. Then we can have true closure.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

His comments on the comment are even worse - "in the heat of the moment, emotions got the better of me". Don't think there's many Bo fans out there anymore.

Circle the calendar for next season, JT vs Bo fight off the opening draw would be so sweet.

Bo better start taking lessons from Martin & Johnston asap, Miller is sneaky tough, bigger and stronger.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

32 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Those who’ve been crestfallen by a player having an opinion who’s now public enemy number one? You mean that enormous overreaction?

Is this your opinion or is it more of a threat? 

You’re right. Tough guy bravado has definitely made way for entitled whining. Feelings and emotions are great but when they trump reason, logic and common sense, they become a distraction and a crutch. 

It’s not deflecting the point at all. It’s focusing right on it. What Horvat said was nothing. A comment. A portion of this fanbase saw it as a betrayal that caused them to spew vitriol at a person they once cheered for.

Keep in mind that this player soldiered on through one of the worst times in this teams recent history and never complained or pointed fingers. Even when he was given the bums rush, he did it with class and respect. 

Phil..   we can not make excuses for a guy hat accepted the Captaincy in this city.

perhaps some reflection on the responsibility to LEAD a team should have been understood.

EP has even “deferred” from the topic and his name attached to “Captaincy”  stating he is still working on his game and it might become a distraction to his full development.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Fakename70 said:

As far as I’m concerned, no one has equaled Linden as captain of this franchise. I don’t care how active in the community Hank was, for me, it’s not the same as being a leader in the room and on the ice. 
Being a fan favourite doesn’t make a player a great captain. Hopefully EP40 understands that beginning next season. 

I am with you on this, I measure greatness with what they do when it really counts. What Linden did in 94' puts him on the top of the list and it will take quite a feet to knock him off the #1 All time list. I don't remember too much of Smyl as I was young during his tenure but he carried similar attributes to Linden from what I remember.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am with you on this, I measure greatness with what they do when it really counts. What Linden did in 94' puts him on the top of the list and it will take quite a feet to knock him off the #1 All time list. I don't remember too much of Smyl as I was young during his tenure but he carried similar attributes to Linden from what I remember.

If I remember correctly, when Linden came into the league, he was staying with Smyl. 

So, he was learning from another warrior. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

The Islanders’ playoff push is in jeopardy. I’ll tell you that for free.

If Florida managed a win v Toronto tonight and the Islanders lose, then it looks like it will be Pittsburgh and Florida. 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

As long as you dont try to make sense to the guy I guess he’s fine, because there is no hope with logic or rationality. 

You must be describing Horvat ,.  I have to agree ,  the problem is his Air Gap inside that big skull. :)

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1