The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anthony Beauvillier | #72 | LW

-AJ-

2 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Project player. One of those guys everyone thinks has potential to become a legit top-6er but never did. Many Isles fans became pretty frustrated with his game.

Not a bad "buy low" bet, but you'd wish the cap hit was much smaller on a gamble like this.

if it was much lower it wouldnt be a gamble it would be a steal

I am okay with the trade.. We get younger and more trades coming.

I really like blue chip prospect Raty 20, 6'2 - 195 lbs playing in AHL with 15 points in 27 games 

U 20--2022 - GP 7 - PTS 10 Finland-- Sure hope he turns into a #2 centre... Let him season in Abby this season..

Beauvillier 25---5'11- 180 lbs, speed, play a complete game both ends -- Future GP 75 -- G 18--22 - PTS 38 -- 44

Okay with this player..

1st rounder hope its this year and pick should be between 13th and 17th-- Nice having 2 picks in first round..

2023 - Canucks pick 5th -- 9th -- NYI pick between 13th - 16th...

• Vintage 1

as far as i can tell he was utilized on their top line put out for scoring... he faced the 84th toughest minutes in the NHL this year.. he was 4th in ES scoring on his team below his linemates Nelson and Lee and the other centerman Barzal.

he did play PP2 but that whole line did not have success only scoring 3 goals on 33 shot attempts, which seems very unlucky...

yup all signs point to me we got a underachiever that is going to play better for us than NYI, well at least score more points anyways...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Basically another Garland with a bit more size but worse hands? I think he's really a cap dump to get Bo to fit, wouldn't get too excited about Beauvillier. They've made him sound responsible defensively but doesn't have a great +/-, and he's on the PP and PK a fair bit though. Will be interesting to see what we have over the rest of the season, with Mikheyev injured he'll probably end up in our top-6.

Allvin seems to love giving bad players on good teams a chance, not sure I like taking on all these projects as a charity club. Hasn't really worked for Studnicka or Stillman, you could say it's worked for Bear but again all these 3 players are healthy scratches on any playoff team.

12 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Basically another Garland with a bit more size but worse hands? I think he's really a cap dump to get Bo to fit, wouldn't get too excited about Beauvillier. They've made him sound responsible defensively but doesn't have a great +/-, and he's on the PP and PK a fair bit though. Will be interesting to see what we have over the rest of the season, with Mikheyev injured he'll probably end up in our top-6.

Allvin seems to love giving bad players on good teams a chance, not sure I like taking on all these projects as a charity club. Hasn't really worked for Studnicka or Stillman, you could say it's worked for Bear but again all these 3 players are healthy scratches on any playoff team.

i dont think hes bad at all... and a -4 rating playing against the 84th toughest minutes in the league is not a negative thing... jt miller plays the 158th toughest minutes in the league and thats the top on our team... remember this is a very low scoring team with the second worst powerplay and the 4th best PK... I think we all agree we could use more players that know how to play defence first...dont forget sam bennet went from a 25 point player to a 50 point player just by changing his linemates...

im being very serious in the fact that i think he will very likely score at a 0.6 ppg pace on our team. he is a steal just no one knows it yet.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

26 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

No thanks. Not interested in being bad but not bad enough to make it worth while. Flip him

your the man, cool guy... so smart and having that ESPN 2...

tell us more oh wise Mustard Tiger.... what does your mustard stained  shirt tell us....

7 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

I seem to remember people saying he had a very high motor, which he did display in his 2 playoff runs.

Yes, he had a ton of hustle and played solid offensive game. 

51 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

No thanks. Not interested in being bad but not bad enough to make it worth while. Flip him

The plan is to give him opportunities in the top 6 to see if his offensive game picks up. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yes, he had a ton of hustle and played solid offensive game. 

The plan is to give him opportunities in the top 6 to see if his offensive game picks up. 

Yeah that's what I've promoted since 3oclock yesterday. Put him with kuz and ep and flip him maybe this year but more likely next TDL

10 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

I seem to remember people saying he had a very high motor, which he did display in his 2 playoff runs.

That is the best description I have heard as well.

Pretty much the type of player this team needs more of, the dog on a bone guys who don't quit on plays. If he can score 20 goals and be around point that is solid as long as he is making life miserable for the opposing team while doing it. 

• Cheers 2

The dude is a workhorse, something we need with Motte, Bo and Hoglander gone/not in the lineup anymore. If he can get the younger guys to work their asses off day in and day out with his attitude, he may be a critically underrated part of the deal. 

And for what it’s worth, Isles fans called him Tito

Edited by AngryElf
  • Like 2
  • There it is 2