The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

‘A new page for everyone’: Beauvillier, Raty ready to embrace fresh start with Canucks

Rate this topic

The Arrogant Worms

I just...don't care.

He either works out or doesn't but all signs point to him being the 2b centre IF he reaches his potential that we needed while we had a 1-2 of Pettersson and Horvat.  Won't know for years about him or the pick.

Beauvelier is the real question mark.  He is a UFA to end next year and his production shows how well he handles more defensively minded hard nosed coaches so we will see what effect Tocchet has on him and if he even wants to stay.

Still so very meh about all of this that it is hard to even be excited or disappointed

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

I thought both Beauvillier and Raty came off pretty well in that interview.  Raty's English is better than many recently-arrived Finns'.   I'm glad they're going to go the developmental route with him in Abby.  Beauvillier could surprise a lot of doubters, but if not, it's not a long commitment.  I like his motor and think he'll help defiine the kind of game we want to play.  

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, rawkdrummer said:

If Benning dealt with an unrestricted Horvat, Bo would just leave and we would get nothing. 

Oh and we would have to add a 2nd round pick.

Benning did better with a Kesler that had a full NTC only one destination and a single year left on his contract with injury issues than Jimpat Ruthervin did with Horvat with zero of those issues and they retained 25% of his total contract meaning he is only on the Islanders books for $1.1 million.

So.....potato potatoe

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 4
  • RoughGame 4

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Benning did better with a Kesler that had a full NTC only one destination and a single year left on his contract with injury issues than Jimpat Ruthervin did with Horvat with zero of those issues and they retained 25% of his total contract meaning he is only on the Islanders books for $1.1 million.

So.....potato potatoe

hey spud, it's just humour

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

Even though I'm not a fan of this trade and their returns, I certainly wish they will flourish in our organization. I really don't want to have these players end up being footnotes in our Canuck organization. It IS a big loss to lose Horvat. I'm not sure this management knows what to do next.

The next trade is Schenn.

Edited by Dazzle

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

So.....potato potatoe

Benning was an idiot!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

So.....potato potatoe

Benning was able to extract more value, but it was not future focused and what futures he did get, he flipped impatiently for help in the present. So there's that difference. 

Of course, I'm still writing off that isles first in my mind, i fully expect us to try and trade it away for a D or a cap dump. I really want us to actually draft with it though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Benning was able to extract more value, but it was not future focused and what futures he did get, he flipped impatiently for help in the present. So there's that difference. 

Of course, I'm still writing off that isles first in my mind, i fully expect us to try and trade it away for a D or a cap dump. I really want us to actually draft with it though.

Yup.  But maybe our owner has learned his lesson with the Boudreau mess t now keep his nose out of hockey ops?  Maybe he will let JR/Allvin set the direction?  This Bo trade sure has the two most important pieces coming back as futures.  Very much a rebuilding move.  

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Last time we sent a Captain (he wasn’t Captain in that moment though) to the Islanders the return set up our best teams ever.  Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for similar results this time. 

I was really happy when we got McCabe as he was tough and could fight! That was short lived… but long term happiness!