The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Why move Miller if you get Bedard.?

That dosent make sense to me ,  at least for 3-4 years anyway.

Miller IS probably the best leadership that has shown emotion since Linden and Smyl,  and personally, it’s that culture that needs to be back in this city,   We saw glimpses of it on Saturday night.

I already explained my reasonings. 

We can agree to disagree if we gonna go in circles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Why move Miller if you get Bedard.?

That dosent make sense to me ,  at least for 3-4 years anyway.

Miller IS probably the best leadership that has shown emotion since Linden and Smyl,  and personally, it’s that culture that needs to be back in this city,   We saw glimpses of it on Saturday night.

You should be less Silent

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Miller also 12 years older than Bedard. Management supposedly wanted a Center to move miller. Bedard would give them that. 

Harder to move him 3-4 years from now and the greater return he’d get now could help us clear cap and acquire players closer to his age like we have done with Hronek. A retool around Bedard. 

At that point of drafting Bedard all moves should be around him and with longevity. So acquiring more Hronek(younger solid NHL players) should take precedence over having any older 

Potentially have 30M in cap tied up after re-signing Bedard with Perry/Miller. Not ideal with the age differences. 

We already scoring well and Bedard would easily replace Millers production. Perhaps even exceed right away. 

The extra cap we’d gain by trading Miller and using his assets for more moves can be used to sign some FAs too like Graves. The assets could also be used to target guys like Crouse while moving cap out. Could re-sign Beauv as well. 

Overall the pros of moving Miller if we win Bedard outweigh the cons to me.  

That’s only if we win Bedard or Fantilli. I don’t see us moving Miller if we don’t. 

If we get Bedard we could instantly become cup contenders with a few moves on defence. There would be lots of ways to move out cap space. Myers would be gone in a year. Pearson as well. Poolman is on LTIR. OEL gets bought out. Garland and Boeser get traded for help on defence. 

These moves don’t have to all be done this summer as Bedard would be on an ELC contract for 3 years. So you have 3 years to figure it out. You can play Garland or Boeser with Bedard to bump up their play and make them more valuable in a trade. 

If we got Bedard or even Fantilli I would play them with Miller. I’d move Miller to the wing. So then you have two #1 lines. We’d be unstoppable up front really. Or you can keep Miller at centre and have 3 scoring lines. 

Kuzmenko    Pettersson          Beauvillier 

Podkolzin      Miller                   Kravtsov 

Mikheyev     Bedard/Fantilli      Boeser 

There is not a team in the NHL that could match that firepower up front. Boeser might become a 30 goal scorer again playing with Bedard/Fantilli. Or you could play Garland there and move Boeser. Lots of options. 

I think Allvin is going with the Pittsburgh model to try and win a cup. Have top end offensive players, a great one/two punch on defence surrounded by a bunch of plug and play defensive Dmen and a great goalie. 

The easiest thing to acquire is those plug and play Dmen to surround Hughes and Hronek.

I believe they will be acquired this summer. At least most of them anyways. Graves or Gavrikov, Tryamkin, Livingstone, bring Schenn back. That’s 4 right there. And keep Brisebois on the Canucks as well. He’s better as a plug and play Dman than Dermott or Bear. 

Hughes                    Schenn

Graves/Gavrikov      Hronek 

Tryamkin                  Myers

Brisebois                 Livingstone 

We could easily fit all those guys under the cap simply by buying out OEL and not re-signing Dermott or Bear. Livingstone can replace Schenn in a year or two as a partner for Hughes. Myers can be replaced in a year with another cheap plug and play Dman for the 3rd pairing. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If we get Bedard we could instantly become cup contenders with a few moves on defence. There would be lots of ways to move out cap space. Myers would be gone in a year. Pearson as well. Poolman is on LTIR. OEL gets bought out. Garland and Boeser get traded for help on defence. 

These moves don’t have to all be done this summer as Bedard would be on an ELC contract for 3 years. So you have 3 years to figure it out. You can play Garland or Boeser with Bedard to bump up their play and make them more valuable in a trade. 

If we got Bedard or even Fantilli I would play them with Miller. I’d move Miller to the wing. So then you have two #1 lines. We’d be unstoppable up front really. Or you can keep Miller at centre and have 3 scoring lines. 

Kuzmenko    Pettersson          Beauvillier 

Podkolzin      Miller                   Kravtsov 

Mikheyev     Bedard/Fantilli      Boeser 

There is not a team in the NHL that could match that firepower up front. Boeser might become a 30 goal scorer again playing with Bedard/Fantilli. Or you could play Garland there and move Boeser. Lots of options. 

I think Allvin is going with the Pittsburgh model to try and win a cup. Have top end offensive players, a great one/two punch on defence surrounded by a bunch of plug and play defensive Dmen and a great goalie. 

The easiest thing to acquire is those plug and play Dmen to surround Hughes and Hronek.

I believe they will be acquired this summer. At least most of them anyways. Graves or Gavrikov, Tryamkin, Livingstone, bring Schenn back. That’s 4 right there. And keep Brisebois on the Canucks as well. He’s better as a plug and play Dman than Dermott or Bear. 

Hughes                    Schenn

Graves/Gavrikov      Hronek 

Tryamkin                  Myers

Brisebois                 Livingstone 

We could easily fit all those guys under the cap simply by buying out OEL and not re-signing Dermott or Bear. Livingstone can replace Schenn in a year or two as a partner for Hughes. Myers can be replaced in a year with another cheap plug and play Dman for the 3rd pairing. 

It will be costly to move guys. Return for Miller won’t just help with that but be able to acquire more Hronek level players as well. 

Rather trade or wait out OEL. Hronek/Petey will be costly which precedes Bedard. 

Personally I move Miller and build around Bedard more. It would still be a retool. 

Target guys like Crouse while we clear cap. Could maybe go after a Sam Bennett as well. With the cleared cap and assets we’d gain we could really retool. Re-sign Beauv too. 

That’s what I would do if we got Bedard. Retool and build a long term contender. 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It will be costly to move guys. Return for Miller won’t just help with that but be able to acquire more Hronek level players as well. 

Rather trade or wait out OEL. Hronek/Petey will be costly which precedes Bedard. 

Personally I move Miller and build around Bedard more. It would still be a retool. 

Target guys like Crouse while we clear cap. Could maybe go after a Sam Bennett as well. With the cleared cap and assets we’d gain we could really retool. Re-sign Beauv too. 

That’s what I would do if we got Bedard. Retool and build a long term contender. 

Sure, I understand.  I don't think we really need another Hronek type level player though.  We have enough high end players, especially up front.  Pittsburgh won those cups with 2 great Dmen and a bunch of plug and play guys.  I think Allvin uses the same model for the Canucks given our D situation.  Crouse is nice but he would be too expensive.  And he's another winger.  What we need to do is find another Tanner Jeannot type player to play on the 4th line and take Lazar's position.  I'm sure Allvin will look for that type of player.

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sure, I understand.  I don't think we really need another Hronek type level player though.  We have enough high end players, especially up front.  Pittsburgh won those cups with 2 great Dmen and a bunch of plug and play guys.  I think Allvin uses the same model for the Canucks given our D situation.  Crouse is nice but he would be too expensive.  And he's another winger.  What we need to do is find another Tanner Jeannot type player to play on the 4th line and take Lazar's position.  I'm sure Allvin will look for that type of player.

Zona has Fischer who I would target with Crouse.

He’s 25ish RFA 4th line type physical. Crouse also 25 this year and signed to solid deal(cheaper than Garland). 

Any return for Miller can be flipped with stuff to move out cap and bring them in. They will be pricey but Miller move would net is the assets to move more cap to Arizona while adding them. The cap in turn can be used to add multiple pieces like Bennett, Graves and Gavrikov. Could re-sign Beauv as well. 

Building around Bedard/Fantilli with moves that help us now and moving forward is what I would do in this retool so more Hronek-level/type young NHL players would make sense. The group would be able to grow and play together while in their primes together 

Build a long term cup contender without the need to rebuild. 

I think there are many ways we can go about. This is just one I would do in this hypothetical scenario with winning the lotto. 

• Cheers 1

So as far as Dmen “off the board “ so to speak..

Defence man / Pettersen. SHL

Tryamkin. KHL

Livingstone NCAA

& Filip Johansson SHL

Be nice to have them signed before next season.

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So as far as Dmen “off the board “ so to speak..

Defence man / Pettersen. SHL

Tryamkin. KHL

Livingstone NCAA

& Filip Johansson SHL

Be nice to have them signed before next season.

All those guys are depth guys at best so the right side is till the issue.

With Hughes and OEL down the left and Brisebois and Wolanin looking like they can fill in on the bottom pair. We need two more right side D man who are legit top 6 D men.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

With Hughes and OEL down the left and Brisebois and Wolanin looking like they can fill in on the bottom pair. We need two more right side D man who are legit top 6 D men.

Exactly. Bear is the only option for regular NHL minutes.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

on the contrary DeNiro,

it’s always good to have 2 or 3 guys getting the opportunity to perform ..   so if we keep a spot or two open to players we are developing, we can rotate their time in on those openings.

Wolanin and Breezer are an example of that lately.

Be great , and probably easier to just “plug” a position,.   but the more levels of development we can create, it helps the proper development process take place..

That is what NCAA players especially look for when looking for work in the NHL after College,.    “Does Team Name have room” to succeed?

personally I’d split Hughes and Hroneck, and build strong physical shut down around them.

Hughes Myers

OEL Hroneck

Wolanin Burroughs Tryamkin  Bear Rathbone

Petterssen Johansson Breisbois Livingstone

^^ that’s just spittin chicklets ,  and I don’t really foresee it,  

but I do think only one playmaking D man on a line is needed , unless there is a special need to have 2 on the ice at the same time..   our 200 ft (fwd) game is coming along well to support it.

.. yet,  I do agree with you..    

im just hopeful our prospects (and young free agents) push through to the top level , rather than buying and trading.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Depends if we’re able to move contracts or not.

If we went for some older players, then could likely squeeze them in on lower AAV. e.g. Schenn and Trevor van Reimsdyk are both NHL RD, currently pending UFAs

4 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

If we went for some older players, then could likely squeeze them in on lower AAV. e.g. Schenn and Trevor van Reimsdyk are both NHL RD, currently pending UFAs

Yea like I’m not expecting us to sign Severson or anything.

Short term vet contracts to fill in the gaps. But legit NHLers no more plugging in AHL journeymen.

And we’ll see if we can sign Livingstone and see where he slots in.

Also wouldn’t mind getting Cal Foote too. If the Preds are rebuilding they might be willing to part with him for a mid round pick.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Big Nik?

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yea like I’m not expecting us to sign Severson or anything.

Short term vet contracts to fill in the gaps. But legit NHLers no more plugging in AHL journeymen.

And we’ll see if we can sign Livingstone and see where he slots in.

Also wouldn’t mind getting Cal Foote too. If the Preds are rebuilding they might be willing to part with him for a mid round pick.

If we end the year the way we are trending, Expect two are gold star clients barbashev and gavrikov.

I'm not keep on UFA signings but if its a matter of essentially swapping out useless winger salary for two positional needs I'd do it. Playoffs or bust regardless next year