The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Devils 4:30 pm Monday, Feb. 6/23

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Seems quite a few people want Miller traded, and it sounds like a good idea, but is it?  Who's going to be the #2C?

With Horvat gone, where is the leadership going to come from? Schenn? He's probably being traded too. OEL? Some also trying to get rid of him. 

The Canucks need JT Miller, especially now that Bo is gone. It can't be a team filled with just 20-25 year olds.

Miller will be that type of gritty, veteran player who will drag his team into the playoff fight - when they get there.  

I think the better question is :   Did we ever have leadership?   

It's all uphill from here now that BO is gone.  That is why JR & PA traded him, to get leadrship re-established and begin to strip the team of it's infamous "west-Coast Country Club" image which starts at the top.   It's hight time too!   

In due course they will annoint a leader so lets be patient and get it right this time instead of the last time when Bo got the "C" because there was absolutely no one else on the team to give it too.

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I think the better question is :   Did we ever have leadership?   

It's all uphill from here now that BO is gone.  That is why JR & PA traded him, to get leadrship re-established and begin to strip the team of it's infamous "west-Coast Country Club" image which starts at the top.   It's hight time too!   

In due course they will annoint a leader so lets be patient and get it right this time instead of the last time when Bo got the "C" because there was absolutely no one else on the team to give it too.

Like you I agree Bo was a leader but I don't think he was vocal - much like Hank

I don't se the need to rush and put a C on anyone - let's see how the rest of the season plays out. See who is still here next season and go from there

• Cheers 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

I get the tank but I'd like to see us win this one for Quinn.  We can lose the next 3 on the trip and all is good.

Every win should be celebrated because we are going to lose a lot of games anyway 

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I get the tank but I'd like to see us win this one for Quinn.  We can lose the next 3 on the trip and all is good.

Quinn can beat up on Jack when we’re good again.

Moral victories right now will just equal real losses later if we don’t start building up this team with high end players.

Every loss matters!

• Cheers 2
  • elephant 1