The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Devils 4:30 pm Monday, Feb. 6/23

Rate this topic

-DLC-

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I Hope Please GIF

That would be awesome. I don't think it's in their plans at all but you never know. If not we're stuck with him. If we are I guess we're all going to be comparing him and Bo in two years to see where they are at and who is helping their team more. I just hated the Miller signing but I if I force myself I can accept that's possible it still works to some degree.

Ah who am I kidding. He's useless until he figure out how to be a proper teammate and stop the dumb plays and giving up all the time.

Back in the day we would DIE to have a 2nd line PPG player. These days we all can't wait to get rid of him:lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I Hope Please GIF

That would be awesome. I don't think it's in their plans at all but you never know. If not we're stuck with him. If we are I guess we're all going to be comparing him and Bo in two years to see where they are at and who is helping their team more. I just hated the Miller signing but I if I force myself I can accept that's possible it still works to some degree.

Ah who am I kidding. He's useless until he figure out how to be a proper teammate and stop the dumb plays and giving up all the time.

It's a very faint hope, but it's not fully extinguished yet

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I Hope Please GIF

Well Miller has shown to get more than 60 points consistently over the course of his career where Bo hasn't. Also Miller is a better play maker. I think Miller is always going to get more points. You have to go with their career numbers. Their free agent year is so screwed up since they want to pad their stats.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Back in the day we would DIE to have a 2nd line PPG player. These days we all can't wait to get rid of him:lol:

Ha ha so true. That's cause most people are stat watchers. There is so much more to hockey than putting the puck in the net. The thing is there is a certain amount of latitude all players get when they deliver on the offence side of the game. It's only when you make a mockery of the game and your teammates like Miller does where it becomes unacceptable ... no matter how good you are.

Like do you ever hear man that guy sure carried his team to the Cup, he gives away 2-5 golden opportunities a game but it's okay because he out scores his mistakes? No you don't because those types of guys get their team bounced out of the playoffs with their greedy me first attitudes.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Beauvillier will score tonight, calling it.

It would be funny if he turned into a legit first line player here and ended up being the best piece we get in the trade.

Wouldn't be the most surprising outcome tbh.

His shooting % this year is at 8%, his career average is 11.4%. 

If he's shooting at his career average, he would be on pace for 22 goals. All even strength. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Beauvillier will score tonight, calling it.

It would be funny if he turned into a legit first line player here and ended up being the best piece we get in the trade.

It'd be funny if it happened next season, it'd be depressing if things suddenly clicked and we won our way up to drafting 11th or 12th

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Wouldn't be the most surprising outcome tbh.

His shooting % this year is at 8%, his career average is 11.4%. 

If he's shooting at his career average, he would be on pace for 22 goals. All even strength. 

Well also he was drafted as an offensive player. His numbers in junior show he can put the puck in the net.

Seems like they might have wanted him to be something he’s not though. Square peg in a round hole type of thing.

Safe to say he’s never played with a center with Petterssons ability. Will be exciting to see if that offense can shine again for him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BPA said:

Boeser on 3rd line = gonna be traded soon. 

While I don't disagree on the trade part, I think we are trying to find balanced scoring across 3 lines.

Boeser has been playing better the last few weeks, I think his hand has still been bothering him, he's not shooting enough for a shooter.

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

It'd be funny if it happened next season, it'd be depressing if things suddenly clicked and we won our way up to drafting 11th or 12th

Yea obviously that would suck.

But I think we can have both scoring lots and losing. I mean we’ve been doing that all season. :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea obviously that would suck.

But I think we can have both scoring lots and losing. I mean we’ve been doing that all season. :lol:

You say that, but I've watched this team go on meaningless winning stretches towards the end of the season when they're well out of it too many times.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

While I don't disagree on the trade part, I think we are trying to find balanced scoring across 3 lines.

Boeser has been playing better the last few weeks, I think his hand has still been bothering him, he's not shooting enough for a shooter.

If that’s the problem then the Team should put him on LTIR .   This player has been given enough chances to regain a form that acquires 6.5 m ..    did we not learn anything from LE.

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You say that, but I've watched this team go on meaningless winning stretches towards the end of the season when they're well out of it too many times.. 

True.

We’ve never had a pk and a goalie tandem this bad though.

How they manage Demko’s return will determine everything I think.

• Cheers 1

Seems quite a few people want Miller traded, and it sounds like a good idea, but is it?  Who's going to be the #2C?

With Horvat gone, where is the leadership going to come from? Schenn? He's probably being traded too. OEL? Some also trying to get rid of him. 

The Canucks need JT Miller, especially now that Bo is gone. It can't be a team filled with just 20-25 year olds.

Miller will be that type of gritty, veteran player who will drag his team into the playoff fight - when they get there.  

• There it is 2