The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, Feb 9/23 Vancouver Canucks (20-27-4) @ New York Islanders (27-22-5) 4:30PT at UBS Arena TV: SNP RADIO: SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, johngould21 said:

So Miller, Boeser, Myers are good to go? I'm not completely disagreeing with everyone on this topic, but you bench a kid with a pulse to make a point? AB gets to play with Petey the entire game, and he hasn't shown me anything so far. Usually a player traded in, shows some kind of a bump in his play, because he's pissed for being traded.

No, he benched a player who kept doing the wrong things over and over and over again. You don't bench somebody else instead. It has nothing to do with having a pulse. This also really has nothing to do with Miller, Boeser, or Myers either. In the coaches eyes he benched the player who deserved it. If you watch the interview with Tocchet, he says Kuzmenko just kept spinning in circles instead of getting the puck in deep. He then elaborated that Kuz had a horrible game and that he'll learn but when you're off you need to do the simple things right like chipping the puck in deep and playing good D. Totally smack on. Absolutely correct, everybody needs to follow the rules the coaches set out. He deserved to be benched ... and he was. It's not like he got sent home or anything ... he missed a couple shifts.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Team tank baby, here's hoping for a big Isles win. Losing is winning at this point, folks can stuff their moral victories. 

Let down our guard for Bedard, lose ideally for Fantilli, come undone for Carlsson. 

It’s always been rip a big fard for bedard! 

• There it is 1

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Good, if he's a bit banged up it's better to sit him at this point in the season, other guys can play

Particularly because he's trade bait

3 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

It’s always been rip a big fard for bedard! 

RIP A BIG FARD FOR BEDARD

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

So Miller, Boeser, Myers are good to go? I'm not completely disagreeing with everyone on this topic, but you bench a kid with a pulse to make a point? AB gets to play with Petey the entire game, and he hasn't shown me anything so far. Usually a player traded in, shows some kind of a bump in his play, because he's pissed for being traded.

Miller has been one of our best players under Tocchet.  Why the hate still?

I do agree on Boeser and Myers.  They shouldn't even be in the lineup, or maybe even the NHL, right now.

Benching Kuzmenko is part of the stealth tank.  Tocchet is getting orders from JR, so no need to panic.  We wouldn't want him to score any game winning goals.  Having AB and Boeser on the top 2 lines is a much better tank model...

Very curious to see what Tocchet/Foote/Gonchar combined  can get out of Burroughs and if they feel he should have a stronger role going in to next season.
Really rooting for Burroughs to take another step.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Very curious to see what Tocchet/Foote can get out of Burroughs and if they feel he should have a stronger role going in to next season.
Really rooting for Burroughs to take another step.

Burroughs sure seems like a player Tocchet would like. 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

You know once Horvat scores (and he will), we will be hearing the chanting. I'm not prepared for that, jealous AF. Might be a good time to mute.

Just imagine the chant means a Vat Full of Whores.

Imagining now...

I'm getting distracted...

But Game GIFs | Tenor

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ammo Rack Explosion GIFs | Gfycat