The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Spencer Martin, Axel Jonsson-Fjallby

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t blame him but Martin is not an NHL goalie that’s for sure. Hard to see this as a showcase. There is no NHL goalie outside of Demko in the organization 

Not advocating a Demko trade. Makes no sense without a quality NHL goalie coming back. Just considering the rumors and the fact that Demko is now going to have a couple weeks of games before the deadline.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Typical Canucks, can't actually commit to what's best for them 

Could have a top 5-6 pick this year but nooooo, they want a winning roster 

Who'd want a high pick in what's supposed to be one of the better drafts in a while 

Watch Ottawa grab him and slide on past us as we go on a meaningless winning stretch 

So if Demko is fully healthy and ready to go you are supposed to tell him to keep faking his injury until the end of the season?  Why would he agree to that?  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

If Demko is ready to go you can’t just keep him out of the lineup. Demko would never agree to that. No player would. 

I’m not saying keep Demko out I’m saying send Delia down.

Martin gave us an actual chance to lose against teams like Anaheim and Chicago.

If management wants a top 5 pick they’re gonna need to start doing some strategic roster moves.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

So if Demko is fully healthy and ready to go you are supposed to tell him to keep faking his injury until the end of the season?  Why would he agree to that?  

Nope, I never said that. Don't go putting that on me.

Could have easily sent Delia down though and kept Martin, could have easily taken it easy with Demko's load management and played Martin more over the remainder of the season under the guise of not wanting to reaggravate whatever injury Demko had. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yessssss please! About time. Although I hope he doesn’t get shelled and another G buried for no good reason 

perhaps this is just mgmt wanting to get a look at everyone prior to more major surgery?

Edited by RWJC

Just now, DeNiro said:

I’m not saying keep Demko out I’m saying send Delia down.

Martin gave us an actual chance to lose against teams like Anaheim and Chicago.

If management wants a top 5 pick they’re gonna need to start doing some strategic roster moves.

What difference would it make if we sent Delia down?  If Demko is ready to go he will be the starter and Delia will be playing maybe once a week. Won’t make a difference to the tank. 

Also sends a pretty bad message to the team if you are keeping the goalie with 0 wins on the roster and putting the other goalie on waivers.  

There are ways to tank properly. This is not one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Easy on the reactions everyone.

There is a difference between trying to win and make the playoffs and remaining competitive whilst still losing.

Does Demko fix the D core? The atrocious PK?

Much rather have Demko back in net as long as he is %100. people seem to forget he has missed 74 days since his last start and is going to be super rusty and nowhere near peak performance. 

Demko this season 15 3 10 2 3.93 .883

Martin during January 7gp6 starts 7 0 0 30(goals against) 5.26 186 156 .839

Feb 

2 0 0 9 4.55 46 37 .804

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1