The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 15, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

32 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

can we please put out all 3 goalies during the PK? if they stand side by side, there will be no goal to score in. the lack of 2 skaters won't matter as they don't do anything anyway. 

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

can we please put out all 3 goalies during the PK? if they stand side by side, there will be no goal to score in. the lack of 2 skaters won't matter as they don't do anything anyway. 

Or just park Boeser in the net with the goalie. He'd be of more use there. 

• Tanks a lot 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

lol, so what a players coach doesn't make them practice and just lets them screw around like a country club?

Some people are completely out of touch with what's going on here. Tocchet definitely seems like a players coach to me. He also said multiple times his biggest concept is to build relationships with the players, not to ream them out but to explain what they need to do on the ice. He's also a former player with lots of success and high performance. He's got high expectations but anyone can see he's personable with the players.

Like really what do you expect a new coach to do who was brought in to change the culture, and work on new systems and better work habits? Not practice :frantic: I for the life of me can't figure out why on earth anyone would be slamming Tocchet at this point. It makes no sense whatsoever ... there must be a bias here and people who love Bruce feel the need to crap on Tocchet. He wasn't the one that fired Bruce though. :picard:

Are you implying that I was saying something against Tocchet? Because I wasn't and I'm happy that we hired him. 

I don't want a coach that's easy to play for. This team has burned all their bridges and used up all excuses. 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

he's known as a coach who focuses on building relationships with players

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/rick-tocchet-replaces-bruce-boudreau

One of Tocchet’s first challenges is to build relationships with his players, who have admitted that the long, taxing and rocky road to Boudreau’s departure took a mental toll. Tocchet did have a somewhat strained relationship with Oliver Ekman-Larsson in Arizona, but he also coached Conor Garland and Luke Schenn in the desert.

Still, there is lingering pain here in the room and with the fan base.

“Regardless, of how it went down, you have to have those relationships and it’s part of what I want to do,” Tocchet said Sunday afternoon during his introductory press conference. “I’m a relationship guy. Creating a safe environment with trust and that’s the type of guy Luke is.

“You’ve got to be by the coffee machine and ask stuff. These guys want answers. There is a lot of why with this generation and I call it a partnership. There are a lot of guys around the league I bounce stuff off of and I think I’m good at it.

Yeah I listened to that interview where he talked about building relationships but those are his words.  

He's also been called very direct and someone that will tell you what he thinks even if you don't like it. 

As I said before, this team needs some tough love. 

8 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I used to think that too, but management has to know if he's ready. Demko is no longer on this team's timeline, so he comes back from injury, plays a couple of games to show he's back and maybe becomes trade bait?

Silovs is a 6th rounder and only 21 years old. Demko, Schneider and Markstrom all required AHL time as far as their age 25 seasons and were high draft picks. I would bet all my monies that Silovs is not NHL ready. Besides, it has nothing to do with a Demko trade. We can showcase Demko and keep the tank rolling with Delia and Martin without cooking our only goalie prospect.