The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Trade] Gavrikov Deal Completed to Boston, Waiting on a Taker for Craig Smith (Update on P4)

AngryElf

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Last I heard was BOS was interested and the price was 3 draft picks (1st, 3rd, and 4th).

Sounds like either Boston or Edmonton, but neither team currently has cap space. I would love to take on a cap dump for a decent pick. 

Boston gets a 6th for Smith and a second, or we get Puljujarvi and a second, and retain on Gavrikov?

4 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Kings maybe?

We wouldn’t be involved then, they would need to get a taker for Cal Peterson and that contract is too long for us. It would make sense why CBJ isn’t involved in him as a cap dump with their goalie depth. 

Anderson - Doughty 

Gavrikov - Durzi 

Bjornfot - Roy 

12 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

Sounds like either Boston or Edmonton, but neither team currently has cap space. I would love to take on a cap dump for a decent pick. 

Boston gets a 6th for Smith and a second, or we get Puljujarvi and a second, and retain on Gavrikov?

Boston could easily take on Gavrikov if Columbus retained 50% and also took on Mike Reilly's contract.  The ask is probably too high as they would want more picks for the retention and taking Reilly's contract.

I suspect it is Edmonton who is all in and they need to move some money out first...

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boston could easily take on Gavrikov if Columbus retained 50% and also took on Mike Reilly's contract.  The ask is probably too high as they would want more picks for the retention and taking Reilly's contract.

I suspect it is Edmonton who is all in and they need to move some money out first...

That would sure make the Boston D a frightening bunch. Tough, rough and deep.

I think the problem for the Bruins is that the Jackets want a 1st, but probably not the 32nd overall:sadno:  

I can see them taking a stab at acquiring Lysell.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean LA would make sense no?

They were close to acquiring Chychrun before the deal fell apart.

Gavrikov is a cheaper option for them.

They certainly wouldn't have to give up Brandt or Byfield for him, or at least id hope not

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes, however they have the cap space to take on Gavrikov, so not sure what the hold up would be for another transaction to take place.  Unless they are working on multiple deals and want to move Cal Petersen...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wouldn't think so - LA not really going after rentals as they are not contenders just yet.   CBJ tried to extend him but he's asking for far too much and LA has to be mindful of cap + he apparently also wants to test free agency. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

They certainly wouldn't have to give up Brandt or Byfield for him, or at least id hope not

They aren't even available for Chychrun.  Per Friedman they made it clear internally and externally that neither of them are available.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

Wouldn't think so - LA not really going after rentals as they are not contenders just yet.   CBJ tried to extend him but he's asking for far too much and LA has to be mindful of cap + he apparently also wants to test free agency. 

I’d be asking for alot to stay in Columbus too.

I’m pretty sure he’d be willing to sign in LA. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

I’d be asking for alot to stay in Columbus too.

I’m pretty sure he’d be willing to sign in LA. 

Chychrun still the target though - age fit/cap fit.  Arizona is going to be left with no one to trade him to if they don't lower their ask and other teams move on to their B option.  He's already missed 4 games - are they really just going to keep him if no one pays up.  LA can wait because they don't really see themselves as contenders just yet while Boston or Edmonton etc are going for it.  

12 minutes ago, mll said:

They aren't even available for Chychrun.  Per Friedman they made it clear internally and externally that neither of them are available.

If the Kings go after Gavrikov it'll likely just be picks, I see them being more open to moving to moving picks than prospects already in their system 

Maybe a 1st and a 3rd but even that seems high, Kings are a good bet to make the playoffs so it'll probably end up being 16+ 

Edited by Coconuts