The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vitali Kravtsov | #91 | RW

-AJ-

On 8/10/2023 at 2:00 AM, cripplereh said:

Just hope he comes back and plays more like Kuz.

He won’t. He doesn’t have what it takes to become a star in the NHL. He wants everything handed to him on a silver platter, but won’t put the work in. He just does not care.

This is why it’s easier to root for guys like Podkolzin and Hoglander. They’re doing whatever it takes to improve. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

He won’t. He doesn’t have what it takes to become a star in the NHL. He wants everything handed to him on a silver platter, but won’t put the work in. He just does not care.

This is why it’s easier to root for guys like Podkolzin and Hoglander. They’re doing whatever it takes to improve. 

Actually him and Podz looked great together last 10 games.He has the skill and missed home which is understandable.

• Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 5:50 PM, Citizen Erased said:

Big Podkolzin has really been working out..Hope the big #92 comes out of the gate flying..

Tocchet knows how to motivate his guys..Pods is going to have a great year..

Podkolzin 6'1 - 200lbs - 22yrs old -- GP 75 - G 19--21 -- PTS 42--45 PTS

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 4:50 PM, Citizen Erased said:

Well, who really knows? Some guys take longer. Nichkushkin is a prime example. At least the Canucks still have Kravtsov's NHL rights. Let's hope the kid figures it out. 

• Vintage 1

Kravtsov now with 1G 3A in 4 games, pretty strong start. Still think there is some potential here and the KHL is not a bad place for him to develop him game. The NHL is not a development league and Kravtsov at this point is nothing but a role player. Rather than just floating around for a couple of years, its best that he goes somewhere he can play meaningful minutes. Nichushkin is a good example of a guy going back working on his game and coming back to the NHL a much better player. Had he stayed I doubt he develops into anything more than a bit part player.

Of course you get the typical cliched posts whenever a Russian player does decide to head back, "he wasn't willing to do what it takes so he took his ball and went home'. In some cases it is definitely true but in others the player in question is giving up a bigger paycheque and temporarily putting the dream to play in the NHL on hold to go back home and actually work on his game. 

Most of these guys come over far too soon based on advice from their agents, and fail to acclimate to NA. I would have said Podz could have stayed a little longer, but SKA is just a tough place for young players, so its probably best that he did come over when he did. 

• Like 1

Kravtsov has been a PPG if you include pre season as well. He’s been a different player for sure getting more quality minutes and opportunities.

The KHL is a low scoring league. A PPG season would be incredible.

This was a bad trade. Not because it was a bad gamble. It was a fine gamble for a guy who I'm sure they spoke to Pod about before the trade. It was a bad trade because of the message it sent. Lockwood was one of our hardest working youngsters. He plays the right way in your face pain in the arse keep you head up Canucks hockey. He worked hard for his callups and when he was called up he hustled and was a standout player. 

This is what we want our farm to be about. And I feel like shipping Lockwood especially for a guy who refused to put in the work on the farm sent a really poor message from management.

Edited by TopChed

On 8/9/2023 at 4:54 PM, -AJ- said:

A few years ago, I might've agreed, but even if it's home, it's hard to believe that a league that has a war-torn country as it's home is a good league to play in right now.

I didn't see players avoiding playing in the US when they invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. 

On 8/29/2023 at 8:45 PM, wildcam said:

Big Podkolzin has really been working out..Hope the big #92 comes out of the gate flying..

Tocchet knows how to motivate his guys..Pods is going to have a great year..

Podkolzin 6'1 - 200lbs - 22yrs old -- GP 75 - G 19--21 -- PTS 42--45 PTS

Podkolzin has a future in the NHL. He has the right attitude and has put the work in. Not sure if he will be a top 6 forward or a very strong 3rd liner, but either way, he will be a valuable player. 

6 hours ago, TopChed said:

This was a bad trade. Not because it was a bad gamble. It was a fine gamble for a guy who I'm sure they spoke to Pod about before the trade. It was a bad trade because of the message it sent. Lockwood was one of our hardest working youngsters. He plays the right way in your face pain in the arse keep you head up Canucks hockey. He worked hard for his callups and when he was called up he hustled and was a standout player. 

This is what we want our farm to be about. And I feel like shipping Lockwood especially for a guy who refused to put in the work on the farm sent a really poor message from management.

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t see it that way. Why they made that trade was the potential they saw in Kravtsov and felt with their developmental and coaching staff, they could help him reach that potential. 

While Lockwood hustles and plays with an edge, he doesn’t have the skills of Kravtsov and you can’t teach them. 

It was almost like the Stojanov for Naslund trade, except Naslund put the work in and went on to have a fine career.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t see it that way. Why they made that trade was the potential they saw in Kravtsov and felt with their developmental and coaching staff, they could help him reach that potential. 

While Lockwood hustles and plays with an edge, he doesn’t have the skills of Kravtsov and you can’t teach them. 

It was almost like the Stojanov for Naslund trade, except Naslund put the work in and went on to have a fine career.

A bit more like letting Anton Roussel walk to Dallas after he went to war for us on the Wolves and instead signing Cam Barker because he was a former 3rd OA busteroo. 

• There it is 1