The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Grans, 1st and Petersen?

2024 off-season you start building. Add somes vets to support the youth. Line Silov's raise as Petersen expires in 2025.

Picks in 2023 will probably be making the jump by then with 2024 along the way.

Would have the assets for any major name out there at the time too.. 

Yes, that is the deal I would do...

1 hour ago, dougieL said:

This is an honest question - I'm not trying to rip anyone, but does it seem that Pettersson puts up disproportionately many points against bad teams, and disproportionately few points against bad teams? I know that every player naturally scores points against bad teams, but does Pettersson take it to a bit more of the extreme? Again, this is an honest question, and I'd be curious to see a breakdown of which teams his points have come against. I don't know how to parse that data though.

Could’ve easily had 3 points tonight again.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Such a wonderful day for Nucks fans!! We were first treated to some Kravtsov excitement, followed by Jackets win + Ducks win + Canucks loss!!!  Can't get any better than that!! 

Now my wish is to see Boeser and Myers traded by TDL!! 

Myers will be in the offseason after July 1st when his bonus is paid.

• Like 1

Hate the Bruins... Hate to lose to them....  BUT;

-  We needed the TANK

-  Marchand did score a goal but he looked like a DOOFUS when he ran into the Ref

-  Petey's line was excellent all night... and were unlucky not to tie it up... his chemistry with Kuzzie-Boy continues to develop.

2 hours ago, dougieL said:

This is an honest question - I'm not trying to rip anyone, but does it seem that Pettersson puts up disproportionately many points against bad teams, and disproportionately few points against bad teams? I know that every player naturally scores points against bad teams, but does Pettersson take it to a bit more of the extreme? Again, this is an honest question, and I'd be curious to see a breakdown of which teams his points have come against. I don't know how to parse that data though.

No, look at the stats.

Every Star will tend to feast on cr*p teams, (look at Gretzky and McJesus) Petey is no different, but he does very well against good teams as well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dougieL said:

no he's above a ppg against teams like LA St Louis Vegas Ottawa Colorado Anaheim Nashville CBJ Dallas Washington Seattle Detroit Panthers.. i mean there's some good teams there.. and teams he struggled against toronto buffalo new jersey and boston the rest he's pretty close to a ppg against them.

• Thanks 1

Happy for Breezer, after toiling for so long in the minors, I hope he sticks for the rest of the year and gives someone else the hard minutes, for the playoff bound baby Canucks.

This is the one game I wanted to see cause of the discrepancy in the standings and I wanted to see how the Canucks would play thr best team in the league, based on points.  Bruins played their game, dictated the tempo and the refs were also a non factor - which made for a very quick game.  Tank ON !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Me too!

Damn...I scored at the all star pre-game festivities in a deal where they had us shoot a puck into a little hole in a boarded up net. Pffft, this guy got an entire EMPTY net to shoot at! Ain't no big deal.

I'm hoping that was said toungue in cheek.....because if it wasn't, then despite your bitterness, sour grapes and lack of obejectivity, the fact that he's only the 8th different goalie in the 100+ year history of the NHL (which probably includes a hundred thousand games give or take) to ever shoot the puck and score on the other teams net, proves that it is a pretty big deal. Pretty sure if it was a Canucks goalie scoring a goal, that most, if not all Canucks fans (including you) would be thinking that it was a siginifacant achievement and pretty cool. And I'm FAR from a Bruins fan, but that's not going to prevent me from taking away from a very rare accomplishment.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2