The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sharks trade Timo Meier, Scott Harrington, Timur Ibragimov, Santeri Hatakka, Zach Emond, 2024 5th-RD to Devils for Fabian Zetterlund, Andreas Johnsson, Nikita Okhotiuk, Shakir Mukhamadullin, 2023 1st-RD, conditional 2024 1st-RD, 2024 7th-RD

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Their young Ds are marinating in the AHL - Nemec didn't burn a year.  So he still has 4 years of his ELC left.  Luke Hughes hasn't even signed his.  Severson and maybe even Graves are likely to be replaced by players on ELCs.  That's going to give them cap flexibility.  

Don't see anyone in their bottom-6 really getting a major raise.  It's really just Meier and Bratt this year and then Mercer next year.  

We can agree to disagree, but there's going to be some fun juggling to see with the NJD over the next 3 seasons.

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm saying if they'd waited and got some leverage, his price might have gone up and if LouLam went another path, perhaps that's the kind of deal they could have made for Bo to a team who was feeling under the gun

I'm happy with Raty and happy with the first, but I feel they could have played their hand a little better.

Also a good chance that we wouldn't have gotten what we got. You are speaking like it is fact we would've gotten more while that is absolutely not a guarantee. 

• Cheers 2