The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who’s the best prospect on our team?

Rate this topic

Odd.

28 minutes ago, rychicken said:

18 months ago people were telling me it was Jett Woo - they haven't come back to tell me otherwise, so I guess it is still him lol

Is this Woo's last year to be waiver exempt? If so, he's either on the big club or (very likely) claimed.

Looking into the future 5 years ahead:

Bedard (just kidding)

Raty

Lekkerimaki

Silovs

D Pettersson

Kravtsov

Bloom

Karlsson

Klimovich

Johansson

Jurmo

Not sure I would call Rathbone a prospect, as he is 23 (older than Podkolzin and Hoglander, who aren't really prospects anymore)  Jack just isn't good enough to play in the NHL.

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Raty

Klimovich

Lekkerimaki

Silovs

DPetey

McDonough 

Kravtsov

Karlsson

Jurmo

Bloom

Forsell

That's where I think the team would rank them in terms of trade value around the league.   I think Lekkerimaki and Kravtsov have the best chance to make big moves up the rankings.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Is this Woo's last year to be waiver exempt? If so, he's either on the big club or (very likely) claimed.

If he can't make the Canucks as a RHD then I doubt he will make another team. He would have to remain on the NHL roster if claimed and there may be better bets out there.

2 hours ago, GB5 said:

I don't think any of the prospects has really separated themselves as the overarching favorite.

For the best I go with LHD Petey - from accounts I've read he seems to be a solid defender in the Edler-ish mold of being a good puck mover with a solid defensive aptitude.

I go with him because he stands to be the one player who likely will play the most NHL games, others may as well but they all have questions amrks or look to be a project of one kind or another.

Klimovich, 20 years old, doing well in the AHL?

He doesn't stand out for you?

8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Klimovich, 20 years old, doing well in the AHL?

He doesn't stand out for you?

He's a solid prospect but my point is that right now no one really stands out as being heads and tails better than others. Eventually a few names will jump out from the pack but so far no one really has separated themselves.

Wait and see, maybe it will be Klimo, could be Lekkerimaki, could be Jurmo... The sample size is too limited to declare a real clear winner 

2 hours ago, Cup_Joneser said:

what about Kravtsov, Podkolzin and Hoglander should we include them?

Probably not, based on NHL seasons/games played. 

But they’d definitely figure high in any “top-23 under 23” list.

Adding Räty, Kravtsov, and Bloom recently has definitely bumped up the quality of our pool of young players.

Hopefully we’ll see a few more prospects/young players added before the TDL, a successful draft, and some quality UDFA signings, all combining to elevate our rankings, whether it’s prospects, farm, U23, or U25.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

5 minutes ago, GB5 said:

He's a solid prospect but my point is that right now no one really stands out as being heads and tails better than others. Eventually a few names will jump out from the pack but so far no one really has separated themselves.

Wait and see, maybe it will be Klimo, could be Lekkerimaki, could be Jurmo... The sample size is too limited to declare a real clear winner 

He's literally the heads and tails better prospect. The age, the production/progression. If there's anyone who's closest to being NHL ready sooner than others, it's Klimovich. It's honestly not even close. No one else is ready to jump in.

Klimovich's shot is absolutely lethal, and so is his skill in the AHL.

48 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

He's literally the heads and tails better prospect. The age, the production/progression. If there's anyone who's closest to being NHL ready sooner than others, it's Klimovich. It's honestly not even close. No one else is ready to jump in.

That's your opinion and I respect it.

I have a varying opinion which  I have stated.

However, no one wins when you force your opinions onto others an retaliate with "what" emojis.

Simply respect the dialog and have fun.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GB5 said:

That's your opinion and I respect it.

I have a varying opinion which  I have stated.

However, no one wins when you force your opinions onto others an retaliate with "what" emojis.

Simply respect the dialog and have fun.

Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion. The thing about an opinion is that it can change. An opinion can also become a fact in due time. All I'm saying is that Klimovich is a fantastic prospect. He may not be a blue chipper in the traditional sense, but he's pretty damn close. Any team would love to have him.

9 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

image.thumb.png.6bad3b422db758932c901c4362714f7d.png

https://canucksarmy.com/news/elias-pettersson-mobile-defensive-defenceman-canucks-prospect-pool-craves-canucksarmy-prospect-rankings-1

Chris Faber scouts our prospects religiously and this is his list. I trust his take a lot. Raty would likely fit in anywhere above Silovs. Our two first round picks should impact this list quite a bit.

Here's hoping our next best prospect is a future local superstar.

World Juniors Goal GIF by International Ice Hockey Federation

This. Faber watches a ton of games and has a good pulse on what's going on with prospects. Curious to what a couple posters around here see that Faber seems to be missing.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I don't agree with this. He has skill but his mindset isn't anywhere close to being NHL ready. He's still undisciplined and let's his emotions take over. He was doing better early in the season, but as the fatigue of the season kicks in those bad habits have started up again.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We don’t really have any blue chips. Maybe Lekkerimaki if he can prove so. 

a lot of interchangeable guys could be our #1 prospect. 

After the draft I think we will get a better picture.

100%, we have a lot of guys on a similar tier. This draft will hopefully change that.

People are already writing off an 18 year old Lekkerimaki less than a year after being drafted lol we are a fickle bunch.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I don't agree with this. He has skill but his mindset isn't anywhere close to being NHL ready. He's still undisciplined and let's his emotions take over. He was doing better early in the season, but as the fatigue of the season kicks in those bad habits have started up again.

I never said he was NHL ready. If you scroll up, I said he was closest to being NHL ready than anyone else, and that's it's not even close.

This. Faber watches a ton of games and has a good pulse on what's going on with prospects. Curious to what a couple posters around here see that Faber seems to be missing.

If you actually looked at the list, each of those players in the top four are playing different positions. I agree with his list, but if we're talking about who is the most NHL ready out of them, my point still stands.

I'm very impressed with Elias Pettersson 2.0.  I think he's a fantastic add.