The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who’s the best prospect on our team?

Rate this topic

Odd.

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I'm going to say this because we used to chat a lot many years ago and I did respect you as a poster back then. Maybe you don't give a crap, but you should really concider how you speak to people here. I had to give my own head a shake a while back, and I've tried to be better. But you threw several needless remarks my way tonight, when I did nothing except express that I disagreed with you and then tried to explain where you lost the conversation.

If you don't care, ignore me. Doesn't matter really. Just some food for thought on a Tuesday night.

I deserve the criticism here and I realize what happened. I am sorry for being rude and condescending. I will have to do better as a poster and a person. Maybe I should take a break from posting and come back.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

9 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Milwaukee Wisconsin River GIF by JMatt

I used to be a moderator in two forums and it's good to see this communication. 

Sometimes it's easy to misunderstand what someone types. Taking a post/reply personally is usually the first reaction. It's just that. A reaction; be it retaliatory and/or defensive in nature, it's just human nature. 

Stating what you actually mean in text is first and foremost; being mindful and humble as well, is usually the way to keep the peace in forums. So........

Since the organization is trying out some prospects on the big team, I really wouldn't mind seeing some of Klim, Woo, Karlsson! I don't know how, what with playoffs for Abbotsford, etc. The farm I'm guessing, wants their best on the ice for a playoff push.

Aren't some of those players listed playing in Europe? Hard to get a look at them this season, huh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sativika said:

I used to be a moderator in two forums and it's good to see this communication. 

Sometimes it's easy to misunderstand what someone types. Taking a post/reply personally is usually the first reaction. It's just that. A reaction; be it retaliatory and/or defensive in nature, it's just human nature. 

Stating what you actually mean in text is first and foremost; being mindful and humble as well, is usually the way to keep the peace in forums. So........

Since the organization is trying out some prospects on the big team, I really wouldn't mind seeing some of Klim, Woo, Karlsson! I don't know how, what with playoffs for Abbotsford, etc. The farm I'm guessing, wants their best on the ice for a playoff push.

Aren't some of those players listed playing in Europe? Hard to get a look at them this season, huh.

Oh for sure. In past years I used to spend more watching Swedish or Russian games but I rarely find the time anymore. It also makes a difference if it's a big name prospect that I want to watch. 

For example, I don't have a good idea on Forsell at all. I hear about him, but I don't recall the last time I've seen him play outside clip. Hard to form a personal option based only off of others opinions.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

cant see bains anywhere near an nhl team. 

Silovs

Hoglander

Podz

Raty

Lekkerimaki

Woo

Dude Bains is money on the PK. It's his first season in the A. I think he's gonna be real good for us. He's steadily improved every year and he just keeps shutting up the critics. He works super hard. He's gonna make the show and stick I am very confident in saying that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3