The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

40 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Your first point is basically what I said; Bo instead of Miller last year. Reasons why...who knows; they misgauged Bo's value, liked JT more.... I don't know. In the end, this is the trade we wanted last year with JT, and I am happy with it this year.

Agreed.

It sets it ahead bc Hronek is already developed vs someone we draft at 12-20 OAL. The idea that a top4 RHD with 2 years team control costs less than a first is or is even available in FA is laughable.

Depends on who is acquired with the 1st round pick. And Hronek is injured. Hopefully he'll be given a clean bill of health and fan can get to see how he fits in, if he does, with the team. 

And lets hold out how Hronek and Hughes play together until they have actually taken the ice. I don't know what you have been watching, but our team defense, even with 60% being AHLers, has been decent the last 5 or so games. Playing in a system will benefit the D as a whole.

Over the long haul, the defense will revert back to being middling, if not worse, regardless of systems. Moving on from Myers will be huge. I think having two offensively minded defensemen might be risky. Both Hughes and Hronek would be better served by each being paired with a responsible defensive defenseman, with size preferably. I think having Demko back has also made the defense look better. We'll see. 

• AngryElf changed the title to [Rumour] Less than Two Hours do Another Thing!